V I : i

Six : Missing the past.

❛❛ Can you tell me the truth?❜❜

― ✧ ―

Two boys whose flustered faces are too close for comfort, a blonde leaning into the pink-haired boy's face, both malfunctioning and their ears steaming.

"E-eh..?"

Mitsuba snapped out his daydream to wonder why a terribly cute boy's face was too close to his own.

What actually happened

His field of vision was filled with a light peach color, the petals of sakura floating in the wind. Mitsuba's eyes gleamed with awe and astonishment.

"How the heck did you find
a place like this?"

There were sakura trees decorated in each corner, filling the street with wonder and was marvelous to look at. The sun shone bright yet the cold wind was strong, leading the petals to fall onto the clear river near the trees.

Placing their bags and packed lunch (that were made by Kou) on the brown tables that were conveniently placed for people to use. They both enjoyed the peaceful and relaxing ambience, the faint smell of chamomile lingered in the air.

Mitsuba couldn't believe his eyes, regretting his choice not to bring his camera (thinking that Kou might bring them to a place unsanitized and dirty) and yet at the same time, he atleast wanted to take his time not caring about anything else and live in the moment.

A chuckle reached Mitsuba's ears as Kou replied, "You really like scenic places like this right? So, I searched on the internet to impress you for once." A beam that was too bright for Mitsuba's heart found it's way curling up in Kou's lips, his pureness was Mitsuba's weakness.

But it's not like he'll actually admit it, like usual.

A shade of red raced up to his ears, and yet he pretended as if he were unimpressed. "Hah, you'll actually go through those lengths for a cute boy like me huh?" The cockiness were evident on his voice, nevertheless, the blush on his cheeks screams differently.

It has been more than a week since they've been hanging out for the sake of 'returning forgotten memories'. They've grown quite close with each other and romantic feelings are (finally/dreaded to be) . . developing.

Yet again, neither of the two were sensible about it.

Underneath the tall, towering pink trees, a single petal landed on Kou's open hand. A smile reached his eyes, remembering a saying that goes,

"They say, that if you caught a sakura petal, your first love will come true." He turned to look at Mitsuba and giving a toothy grin.

His eyes trailed upwards, as his mind was flooded by a certain memory.

"You know, they said that if you caught a sakura petal on your hand, your first love will come true." A younger Kou Minamoto muttered out, opening his clutched hand to see a pink, soft petal resting in his palm.

"So you'll actually go and catch all the petals for your first love? Ridiculous." the younger Mitsuba Sousuke grumbled, a growing feeling in his chest arose in which he wasn't sure of.