05. Lesson #4 "They're trying To Look Like Us

This goes both ways, to be completely honest. Black people perm their hair and wear what might be classified as "white" clothes. White people might listen to "black" music or wear traditionally black clothing like Jordan's.

Here's the problem with that. Black people, don't get mad but I'm coming for you a lil bit. We say "they want to look like us," or "they're dressing like us." That's a stereotype, people. That's basically saying all black people have to wear certain things to be classified as "black" within our community, which is certainly not true. If a white boy wears Jordan's, let him! Let's just hope he does us justice. We can't say white people aren't representing us, when to be honest, we don't let them. I wear what may be classified as "white" clothes. But I'm just as black as the girl from the "hood" who wears Gucci and balenciyagas (im sorry if I spelt that wrong I'm too lazy to spell check it).

We act like we don't all feed off of one another. We act as if we don't all belong with one another. We all originated from Africa and Asia. At one point in time, we all looked the same. But what's the difference between us? My skin is better protected from the suns UV rays.

Wow.

Just wow.

It's one thing if a white person were truly fighting to be "black" like Whoavickey or Trisha Payptas or whatever her name is. Or vise versa, like the girl from Dr. Phil. But I don't think it's wrong to be proud to be white. People seem to have an issue with it, but why should you want to change yourself or be hated for not wanting to? I am proud go be a black girl, and I'll scream it loud. Black people, please don't strip them of the same pride.

What do you guys think?
Comment and chat
Love you guys
💖