─ ONE. REAL-LIFE

01. POOL BOY

 POOL BOY

¤¤¤¤¤

"Piss off!" I honked my horn at the car that just cut in front of me.

"Woah, Nova, chill" My younger sister, Bless, looked up from her phone. I ran my hands through my hair as all the cars came to a stop again.

"You good?" Bless asked warily.

"You're gonna be late for school in five minutes and I have to be at practice soon. Mom's gonna kill me because she's going to get to the gym with Jojo and Skye before I get there" I sighed, frustrated. 8 AM traffic in LA. My least favorite thing in the world.

"It's not a big deal, I have PE first period anyways" Bless shrugged, looking back down at her phone.

I handed her my USB cord, "Play some music"

Bless raised an eyebrow, "Are you sure?"

I turned my head to face her in the passenger seat, "If you play some shitty mainstream pop, I'm taking the aux away"

"What's wrong with mainstream pop? You sound like my choir teacher" Bless rolled her eyes.

"It's generic" I replied as the traffic on the freeway started moving again.

"Maybe if you heard Shawn Mendes' music, you'd feel differently," Bless commented.

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes, "You only like his music 'cause he's hot"

"You don't even know what he looks like" Bless squinted her eyes.

"Yeah" I laughed, "And I don't care to"

"Come on, his voice is angelic. Listen" Bless pulled up Spotify.

"No" I shook my head as I exited the freeway.

"Fine, fine" Bless sighed and clicked on a different song. A song from Grease, one of my favorite musicals, began playing.

"One day, I'm gonna show you Shawn's music and you're gonna fall in love with him" Bless shrugged.

"You're funny" I shook my head.

"You know he's staying at our hotel in LA" Bless raised an eyebrow.

I shook my head, "Plenty of people stay in our hotel around the world, bubba. Your point?"

"Just turn here. The gym's in the back anyways" Bless pointed towards an alleyway, "My point, is that Shawn Mendes is staying at our family hotel in LA and we're staying there too"