─ ELEVEN. REAL-LIFE

11. STAY HERE

 STAY HERE

¤¤¤¤¤

nova's pov:

I sat on my bed, staring at the notifications pouring into all of my social media on my phone. Notification after notification, all of them commenting on who I was and what I looked like. I read over each one and watched as the number of comments on my most recent post went from 200 to 2000.

My dad knocked on my locked door, "Nova, open the door"

"I'm getting ready, dad" I lied, wiping the stray tear that slipped out of my eye.

"There's someone here to talk to you," Dad continued knocking.

"Well I'm busy-" I paused when my voice cracked, "Tell them to come back later"

I walked into my bathroom and splashed cold water on my face. My dad still continued knocking, "Nova, come out of your room, now"

"I'm doing my work!" I lied again. I looked at my phone on my bed and sighed, thinking about the nasty comments on my photos.

"Nova" Another voice sounded. It was Shawn's.

"What?" I snapped.

"Let me in" He knocked.

"No, don't you have an album to record? Why are you even here" I moved to my desk.

"Don't do this, Nova," Shawn said quietly.

"I'm busy right now. I have training in a few hours. Leave me alone. Both of you" I opened my laptop and began my schoolwork for the day.

"Nova, I'm serious," Shawn tried again.

I moved my MacBook to my bed and sat down on it. My phone dinged again, meaning there was another notification. Another comment. Probably worse than the one from before. I opened Instagram on my laptop and read the comment.

"she needs to BACK OFF of Shawn if they are together bc she really isn't pretty enough for him (not to mention she looks like a slut in that leotard)"

As I read the comment, my vision blurred. I pushed my phone and laptop off my bed onto the floor and found myself staring blankly at the plain white bedsheets, while tears blurred my vision. Sometime later, I heard my door opening and my dad scolding the staff for taking so long to come up here and unlock my door. I looked up to find Shawn rushing towards me and wrapping his arms around me. That was when I broke and began sobbing, holding onto Shawn. Shawn ran his hands through my hair, apologizing quietly over and over again. My dad sat on the bed next to me and placed his hand over mine.