─ EIGHTEEN. REAL LIFE

18. GO WHERE?

 GO WHERE?

¤¤¤¤¤

"You want me to go where?" I raised an eyebrow.

It had been a few days since Shawn and I kissed and we were doing well as... friends. I don't know, it was almost like we were in limbo. We hugged often and he often had his arm around me, but we never got any closer than that. No random kisses and stuff. And we sure as hell didn't do that in public or at the penthouse where my mom could find out and make practice a living hell.

"Come on, you've come to the studio with me more times than I can count this past week and you've even helped me finish a few of my songs" Shawn sat down on the bed next to me.

"Dude, I have an international comp in a month" I tilted my head forward.

"Please" Shawn pouted, "I'll even pay for you"

I laughed, "Okay, Shawn, you don't have to do that"

"Right. Your dad is like a bajillionaire" Shawn nodded.

I rolled my eyes, "That's not a number"

"Please! Come on, it'll be more enjoyable if you're there" Shawn grabbed my hand.

"Not only do I have an international competition in a month, it's my first competition since winning worlds. I can't afford to just take a whole ten days off" I pulled my hand away.

"Then just for like... a week?" Shawn raised an eyebrow. I blinked, my facial expression not changing.

"Five days?" Shawn suggested.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine, I'll see what I can do"

"Yes!" Shawn cheered, pulling me into a hug.

"But you owe me because I know that my mom is gonna make practice a living hell when I get back" I separated from the hug.

"Just continue training while we're in Jamaica. Do flips on the beach or whatever" Shawn laughed.

I playfully pushed Shawn off the bed, "It doesn't work like that"

~~~

"You want to go where?" Mom repeated a similar question to what I previously asked.

Shawn and I were currently at the gym, in my mom's office. He was dropping me off for practice today and I decided to try and ask right then and there. My mom seemed like she was in a good enough mood.

"Just for five days" I nodded.

Mom tilted her head, "You're not a musician"

"Well, her ten years in piano lessons has helped me a lot with this album. I'm finishing it in Jamaica and I'd like Nova's help" Shawn smiled. My mom still looked skeptical.

"Dad said okay. He'll even let me take the jet. He just said to ask you since you're my coach" I raised my eyebrows.

"But you're 17 and you're 19" Mom squinted her eyes at Shawn.

"Maybe, but I'll take good care of her... and if you don't trust me, a bunch of other adults will be there" Shawn tried convincing my mom.

"You mean male adults" My mom looked at me.

I rolled my eyes, "Teddy will be there and she's a girl. I know these people. I trust them"

"Nova will get her own room and everything" Shawn nodded.

"I'll even train the weekend after I get back home," I added.

"I'll make sure she stays in shape while we're there," Shawn continued.

"Oh! I'll check in with you or dad every day" I nodded.

"She'll be safe with us, promise" Shawn added.

"What about school?" My mom cut in.

"I'll make sure she does that too," Shawn answered.

"My textbooks and courses are online. I'll bring my mac and notebooks with me and do it there" I shrugged.

"Plus, we'll be spending a lot of time in the studio, which gives her time to do her work" Shawn added.

"Okay, okay, fine" My mom waved her hand, stopping us from talking.

"Thank you thank you!!" I cheered, hugging my mom.

"Thank you, Mrs. Mohana" Shawn smiled at my mom.

"You know my rules, yes, Shawn?" My mom raised an eyebrow.

"Of course. I wouldn't ever want to risk Nova's gymnastics career" Shawn shook his head.

"Alright then. Nova, go get changed. You're conditioning today" Mom pointed out the door.

I looked at Shawn with an 'I told you so'. He glanced at me apologetically as we walked out of the office.

"I'll see you later" I waved at Shawn, opening the main doors for him.

"Aw, if you're gonna open the door for me, do I at least get a hug?" Shawn smirked.

"Kiss my ass, Mendes" I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Worth a try" Shawn shrugged.

¤¤¤¤¤

idk if i want to make you guys like nova's mom or dislike nova's mom.. hmm we'll see LOL

also watch grey's anatomy :)

[ 07.26.20 ]