─ THIRTY-FIVE. REAL LIFE

35. REAL LIFE

 REAL LIFE

¤¤¤¤¤

"What the fuck?" I asked, "When did they take these pictures of us at the mall?"

"You guys need to lay low for a while... or at least not go out together for a while" Andrew nodded.

"We could've been a little smarter about it" Shawn admitted.

"My mom's going to kill me" I put my hand over my mouth as I skimmed the article.

"Do you need me to put out a statement?" Shawn asked worriedly, "Saying that we're not dating? Andrew-"

Andrew nodded, "If Nova needs you to"

"Will it- Will it help? I just stopped limiting my comments-"

"Hey, don't worry about it" Shawn hugged me, "I'll take care of it"

I nodded and pulled away from the hug, reopening the article on my phone.

"You guys aren't dating, right?" Andrew asked.

"Uhm" Shawn looked at me.

"We don't have a label" I shook my head.

Shawn nodded, "What she said"

"Alright, well I trust that you'll do what you need to," Andrew said and walked out of the room.

"Shit, my mom's calling me" I looked down at my buzzing phone. I picked up the call and put it on speaker, setting my phone down on the desk.

"Nova, what is this about you and Shawn dating? How many times have I told you that while you're training under my roof, no boyfriend?"

"Mom, we're not dating"

"Ayah, I move away for four days and you already got a boyfriend?"

"Mom, I'm not dating Shawn. The tabloids are lying-"

"See, you are why your dad and I are divorcing. He is too easy going and doesn't understand that you're a champion in the making"

"Mom! You're on speaker" I bit my lip.

"Who are you with? Are you not home?" Mom asked.