─ TWO. REAL-LIFE

02. SHAWN

 SHAWN

¤¤¤¤¤

Two days later, I didn't have any training, so I quickly finished up my school work before noon and relaxed for the rest of the day. I decided to relax down at the pool, seeing as I had nothing else to do and my sister was at school. I was sitting on one of the lounge chairs, my laptop resting on my lap. While I was watching Criminal Minds, someone tapped on my shoulder

"If dad wants me back up, tell him to give me twenty minutes," I said, nonchalantly. The person tapped on my shoulder again.

I took my airpod out and looked up, "Oh, it's you"

"I would tell your dad but... I don't know who he is" The boy from before smiled, running his hands through his hair.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you know who he is" I smiled, pausing the show and putting my airpods away.

"Yeah, I may or may not have googled the hotel owners" The boy admitted. He sat down on the lounging chair next to me.

I laughed, "So how long are you staying here?"

"Uh, a few weeks then I'm going to travel for a bit and coming back for another few weeks" The boy answered.

"Fun" I nodded, "Traveling gets tiring though"

"Yeah, what about you? I'm assuming you live in LA" The boy asked. I looked back down at my laptop. This was a conversation I wanted to avoid. Not many people, not even Affinity, knew that my parents were currently separated.

"Oh, you don't have to tell me... If you don't want to" The boy quickly said.

I laughed nervously, "Yeah, I don't... really want to talk about it yet"

"That's alright" He smiled.

"So, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"Uh, this place has become my new favorite woodshedding spot" He nodded.

"No, I meant in LA" I clarified.

"Oh just... yeah, traveling" He answered, unconvincingly.

"Traveling? For weeks?" I raised an eyebrow, "In just LA?"

"Okay, I guess I have events to attend to and... friends to visit" He continued.

"Events? That's fun" I nodded.