─ TWENTY-FIVE. REAL LIFE

25. PANIC

tw: implications of sexual abuse & anxiety attack

¤¤¤¤¤

nova's pov:

The next day, I woke up at 8 AM for my flight back to LA. Instead of being greeted by Shawn, who had left my room before I got out of the shower, I was met by Teddy and Andrew. They said Shawn had gone out on an early morning run. He was expected to be back to see me leave, but I guess he wasn't. I messaged Shawn on my whereabouts every half hour or so, but he never got back to me. Huh, either he's working out hardcore or was kidnapped.

"I'll see you when we get back, yeah?" Teddy hugged me.

"okay" I smiled and scooted out of the backseat of the car.

"Bye Nov" Andrew waved.

"Bye, Andrew" I smiled, grabbing my duffel bag and backpack and walked to the private jet that was already ready to go.

Six hours later, I landed at the private airport and it was only 12 PM in Los Angeles because of the time zones. I checked my phone and saw a bunch of messages from various group chats I was in, but no notifications from Shawn. Odd.

"Hey, sweetheart" My dad walked up to me after I walked down the stairs of the jet.

"I thought I was gonna drive back myself?" I questioned as I hugged him.

"Your mom and I have some news," Dad nodded.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, we're going to have lunch as a family right now. Are you okay with that?" Dad asked.

I nodded, "I'm hungry. I haven't eaten all day"

"Perfect. We're eating at that one place your little sisters like near the gym" Dad chuckled as we both entered the car.

Dad sat in the driver's seat and I sat in the passenger's seat. I checked my phone again, going through all my notifications. I replied to a few emails and messages I had on Instagram and from friends. Still nothing from Shawn though. He's probably just busy I told myself, although I wasn't sure if I believed it or not at this point. Seven hours is a pretty long time to lag on someone.

After thirty minutes of not talking in the car, my dad spoke up. "So how was Jamaica? I saw your Instagram photos" Dad smiled.