─ FIFTY-TWO. REAL LIFE

52. BACK IN LA

 BACK IN LA

¤¤¤¤¤

shawn.

"Dude I can feel you squirming all the way from Toronto. Literally stop it" Phoenix said over the call.

"I can't just stop my anxiety, Nix" I rolled my eyes, even though she couldn't see it.

"You can at least act fucking normal" Phoenix scoffed.

"Normal? Normal, Phoenix? The girl I love had an anxiety attack–"

"Nova didn't have an anxiety attack. She had anxiety. There's a difference"

"Like you would know" I scoffed, "She had anxiety and I'm in Toronto, getting high and accidentally screwing you"

"Charming" Phoenix said sarcastically.

"How do you want me to put it? There's no charming way to talk about fucking someone"

"What fucking ever. Just act normal and don't tell her" Phoenix rolled her eyes.

"Don't tell her?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah don't tell her! Are you high?"

"Unfortunately I was," I said bitterly.

"You know what I mean, Shawn. You don't tell her. Not for my sake, for yours. The second you tell her, you can say bye to whatever mess you two are" Phoenix answered.

"I don't know..." I ran my hands through my hair.

"What don't you know? Shawn, it meant nothing. We were both high and drunk"

"Good point... What about Tom?" I asked.

"What about Tom? We broke up. That's that" Phoenix shrugged.

"What? Why?" I asked.

"Let's not get into it. Just act normal. I'll talk to you soon" Phoenix ended the call.

I walked out of my room and found Nova and Connor talking in the living room.

"Oh when'd you arrive?" I asked, leaning down to give her a kiss.

"Just a few minutes ago" Nova shrugged.

"Dude I have to take you one day" Connor continued his conversation with Nova.