Chapter 4 - Eyes Not On the Movie

"So when do we need to go get the pizza?" I asked her.

"It's not going to be ready for another twenty minutes, so I'll set a timer on my phone for when we need to go and then why don't we get started on that movie?" she asked, "Did you find anything before you went to go clean out your car?"

"I didn't," I said, "I'm not really sure what would be a good movie to watch. Would you like to pick the movie?"

Rose was much more enthusiastic than I expected when she said, "Yes!" and immediately grabbed the remote. Within a few seconds, she had queued up a movie called The Princess Bride.

"This is my favorite movie of all time!" she cooed as the movie company logo began to scroll across the screen. I felt like her beautiful smile could get me to do anything she wanted.

With the TV at the extreme end of the couch, we were both sitting sort of awkwardly. As the movie started, I asked her, "Are you sure you have the right movie? This is some little kid in the eighties playing old video games on the screen."

"Positive." She smiled.

--=o0/&\0o=-

When the timer beeped, I coughed as I tried to subtly adjust my pants from the hardness that had formed.

I was grateful that Rose had sat between me and the TV, but not sure how much of the movie I was actually following. My eyes had been on Rose's satiny-smooth shoulders, the rise and fall of her chest as she breathed, and maybe on the neckline of her tank top - which I could almost manage to see down when she tilted exactly the right way. The curve of her full breasts looked so tantalizing. I wanted to bury my face between them so badly.

And yes, she was definitely going without a bra in that top. Don't judge me - it's not inappropriate to look if it just happens to be on display in front of me, right?

As we got in my car and I got ready to start it, I warned her, "I apologize in advance if the car is a little noisy. It needs some work done. I do some of the work myself, but some of it requires parts or professional equipment. Money is a little tight for those things, but my car should still get us where we're going."

I noticed that I had missed bringing one of my textbooks into the house, but thankfully it was my Chemistry book. I had been taking a dual-enrollment college course for Chemistry because my high school's A.P. courses could only get me so far. Luckily, that would hopefully help support her impression that I am a true college student.

Rose smiled. "No problem. College is expensive and time-consuming. Sometimes it's better to be focused on school and paying for it up-front than working."

I pulled out of the drive and inwardly groaned at yet another thing I wanted to correct her on and tell the truth about, but I figured I could still tell her at least part of the truth without letting her think of me as a kid. I might as well get one hurdle out of the way. "Actually, I work evenings Monday through Thursday and full-time during the summers, but most of my money goes to my family. During the week, I live with my mother, my grandmother, my three sisters, my nieces, and my nephew. I have the car because I need it to get to and from work and to my father's house, but if I didn't, the money from my car payments would probably go to my family, too."

"Wow," said Rose, a genuine look of awe striking her face, "You remind me a little of Lissa's boyfriend, Christian. You're actually going to meet him later tonight; I really hope you guys like each other. He has done a lot to sacrifice for his family, too. Are you super-protective of your family, too?"

"A little bit," I told her, "My sisters are all older than I am, but I still fought my sister Viktoria's date when I caught him trying to take advantage of her a few years ago. I almost broke his nose. Thankfully, he never pressed charges."

Rose nodded. "Definitely a lot like Christian. He has a niece that lives with him and he takes care of her, but after dating Lissa for seven years, he also treats me like the little sister he never had. I had a ... well ... a bit of a bad situation, a few years back with a guy I had broken up with after we had been dating pretty seriously. Christian sort of came to my rescue and gave him a black eye."

"I hope he had it coming," I said, wanting to tug on my neckline from fear of pissing off this Christian guy.

"Trust me; he did." She laughed. "Thankfully, he wasn't very strong, because Christian isn't, either. If I knew what kind of guy he was, though, I never would've been with him in the first place."

"Does that mean that you have a thing for 'bad boys'?" I asked her, "Because I can't compete with that."

"Not at all," she told me, "I just had no idea who he really was. Since then, thankfully, I've become a lot better judge of character."

--=o0/&\0o=-

After we got back with our pizza, we sat on the living room floor and ate at the coffee table. Between the physical labor of lifting heavy furniture all day and the full stomach, I was ready to crash. I decided to be funny and show a bit of my personality, so I laid down on Rose's couch with my head facing away from the TV, taking up the entire seven foot couch with my head propped on the arm.

"I'm good now, Roza," I told her, letting the Russian version of her name just slip out in my stupor, "Just let me sleep here until morning and I'll be fine."

"What did you call me?" she asked, huffing and puffing as she pulled one of my legs off of the couch.

"Sorry, it just slipped out. Roza is Russian for Rose." I moved my leg back and closed my eyes, covering my face. "I'm tired. Can't I rest for just a few minutes?"

"No way, Comrade," she said, moving the leg partway across the couch but not onto the floor before I pulled to keep it on the couch, "We're finishing the movie now, even if I have to tickle-torture you to get it to happen." She paused and let out a deep breath. "God, what do you eat? You weigh a ton!"

I laughed as I moved my hand and opened my eyes. If Rose was going to work that hard to get me to watch the movie, I'd watch the movie. Even if I couldn't focus on anything besides her. "Anchovy pizza and extra-cheesy breadsticks, most recently," I told her, with a grin.

Before I could move to sit up, though, Rose had crawled into the space between my legs and leaned back against my body, wrapping my arms around her waist. Holy shit! How do I hide my erection from her now?

"You know," Rose told me as she snuggled back into my body and pressed the play button on the remote to resume the movie, "This is nice, Dimitri. I could get used to this."

Rose's small body fit perfectly with mine, her head tucked into the crick of my neck, and the closeness and warmth of her body was amazing. I could feel the silky softness of her hair and skin against my arms, neck, and chest.

And I could look straight down into her shirt and see her dusty pink nipples, standing at attention. She definitely knows I'm sporting wood now.

Maybe this was my chance to make a move. All I'd have to do is subtly raise my hands, just a little at a time, across her body just a little bit ... across her surprisingly rigid abs ... the bottom of her rib cage ...

"Belikov? What the hell are you doing here?" A masculine voice said. Rose paused the movie and sat up. We both turned to look at the doorway.

Standing there was my community college chemistry professor, Doctor Ozera - and he knew I was a high school student.