Chapter 5 - Ozera's Bargain

Maybe this was my chance to make a move. All I'd have to do is subtly raise my hands, just a little at a time, across her body just a little bit ... across her surprisingly rigid abs ... the bottom of her rib cage ...

"Belikov? What the hell are you doing here?" A masculine voice said. Rose paused the movie and sat up. We both turned to look at the doorway.

Standing there was my community college chemistry professor, Doctor Ozera - and he knew I was a high school student.

"Doctor Ozera?" I asked, too stunned by his sudden out-of-place appearance to move my hands from around Rose's ribs.

Without looking at Rose, I could hear the smile in her voice when she asked, "Dimitri, you know Christian?"

Doctor Ozera laughed, saying, "You could say that. Dimitri is the top student in my Monday/Wednesday Chemistry II class at the community college."

"Oh wow," said Rose, "I had forgotten Christian taught a couple of courses at the community college. Of course! Dimitri is a student there! Christian, what are you doing here?"

"Lissa is on her way inside. We just came by to get her stuff. I think the more important question is, Dimitri, what are you doing here? And what are you doing with Rose?" As he asked the second question, he pointed at my hands and was shooting daggers at me with his eyes.

I immediately moved my hands away from Rose. Thankfully, the awkwardness of Doctor Ozera entering had calmed my raging hard-on, because she was standing a moment later.

"Christian," said Rose, "I appreciate your concern. Really, I do. It's sweet. But what I do on a date with a guy or who I go out with is none of your business."

"You mean to tell me this guy is your date?" Doctor Ozera asked. I could see his pale skin turning fuchsia with anger, but I wasn't sure there was anything I could do. Lissa walked in while Rose and Doctor Ozera were having what appeared to be a staring contest.

"You literally just told me he's the top student in your class!" Rose replied, "Ugh! Honestly, Christian, it's nice that you treat me like a sister, but you've got to stop treating me like a child!"

Lissa intervened, saying, "Christian, this is the guy who goes to Springfield Community College that I was telling you about. The one who spent all day carrying heavy furniture for some strangers just because he is a nice guy."

"They already know each other. Dimitri's in his class," Rose informed Lissa, "And Christian is suddenly trying to keep me from being on a date with him."

"Christian, remember what we talked about?" asked Lissa, "About Rose taking chances?"

"Fine!" Doctor Ozera said. He turned to me. "Dimitri, a private word in the kitchen, please."

I turned to look at Rose. "Ugh! Just go!" she told me, motioning towards the kitchen.

--=o0/&\0o=-

Once we were in the kitchen, Doctor Ozera began talking, all the while pinning me in place with his eyes. "Belikov, seriously, when I walked in the room, you were well on your way to second base with Rose - and Rose is like a baby sister to me! Don't try to deny it, either, because I know what I saw! You fucking just met her today!"

Hearing the f-bomb from my professor was shocking enough, but the whole situation just got a whole lot more awkward when the rest of his sentence registered. Before I could reply, Doctor Ozera continued, running his hands through his hair and tugging at the ends. "Dimitri, I know you're a good student and you have always seemed very smart and responsible. Just tell me you're gonna be honorable with Rose. She clearly really likes you. Man, you better not be trying to take advantage of her. Because they will not find the body if I find out you used her just to get laid, Dimitri."

"Doctor Ozera," I told him, "It's early; I know. But I think I really care for her. I've never met someone like her before."

"Okay, I believe you. But, Dude," he said, "we're not in class and you're apparently dating Rose. Call me Christian." He paused for a second, then added, "And if you care for her, take it slow with her. Do it right and show her you really care before trying to get some boob. I remember being eighteen, man; I know the hormones are practically calling your name, but don't give in to them. Give it at least three dates - preferably a month - before you start to get physical with her. She's not ready for that. Even if she thinks she is."

"I'll try," I told him, honestly, "I don't want to mess this up with her."

"She doesn't know how old you are, does she?" he asked.

"No," I admitted, "I just never found a good way to tell her, and then it didn't seem like such a great idea."

"As far as I'm concerned, the age difference is not a problem. You did not hear this, but Lissa and I started dating when she was a freshman at the college I was teaching at." I breathed a sigh of relief until he added, "However, you can't keep it a secret from her forever."

"She'd never be interested in me if she knew I was still in high school," I told him.

"Maybe. Maybe not. But you can't lie to her, dude," he said.

"I never lied to her. She just assumed and I never corrected it."

"Lying outright or not, you deceived her. Same thing."

"Just a few more weeks," I told him, "and then I'll graduate. After that, I will be a college student. And it won't be deceiving her anymore."

"You're playing fire on this, Dimitri," he said, "And I should know. You know the reason I went into Chemistry was because I like to blow stuff up; right?"

I laughed at that and nodded. He'd told us as much on the first day of class.

"As long as you treat her with respect, then I'm not going to be the one to tell her, Dimitri. Just make sure she hears it from you before she hears it from someone else," he said, "And no touchy-feely stuff for at least three dates!"

--=o0/&\0o=-

Author's Notes:

I hope this chapter isn't a huge disappointment for those who were hoping for some Rose and Dimitri sexy times. We'll have a bit more heat in the next chapter, I promise.

True story: when deciding what curriculum Christian would be teaching in college, I was inspired by my own husband's initial choice in college major. He entered college as a Chemical Engineering major because of the very reason Christian mentioned above!