Chapter 13 - A Mess to Clean Up

As I rushed into the house, I was hoping to God that Randall wouldn't see me come in. Hoping. Boy, was that hope in vain.

"Dimka, what the hell are you doing home already?" he asked as he walked towards the entryway from the living room, "And what the hell happened to your pants, boy?"

I looked down at my shorts. My quickly-flagging erection was still sticking out like a sore thumb - well, bigger than a thumb, but it was getting smaller and less noticeable by the second - and there was a dark, slickened wet spot all over the front of it. "I don't want to talk about it, Randall," I told him.

"Dimitri, boy, you better show your father some respect," he told me, slamming me in the back of the shoulder as I started to walk up the stairs, "even if you are running up the stairs like your ass is on fire with your little baby dick hanging out looking like you just peed yourself or something. God knows you didn't get that tiny pecker from me!"

Like the snap of a rubber band pulled too tight, something gave way inside me. I had had enough. I rounded on him, my eyes full of menace, gripping his wrist tightly in my fist and slamming his arm against the wall. I growled out, "Not. NOW!"

Randall wriggled his arm out of my grasp, backing away. The look of fear on his face, while so unfamiliar on his face, was so like the look I had seen hundreds of times before on my older sisters and my mama. I let my arm fall limp from his and paled.

I wouldn't hesitate to defend my family, but I wouldn't let myself turn into him. Even against him, I couldn't be the stronger person beating on the weaker one. It was important that I was the bigger man. I turned, leaving him standing there dumbstruck, ran up the stairs, and hurried to wash and change.

-=o0/&\0o=-

I was so, so tempted in the shower to let my thoughts rush to Rose again and spend just a little extra time, partially out of enjoyment from what had just happened at her house, and partially just to try to get the extra hormones out of my system, but I couldn't take long. Roza was waiting on me.

As I stepped back onto Rose's porch and rang the bell again, I prayed for a good excuse for what happened.

I knew from the lights on that Rose was still home, but Rose took much longer than expected to answer the door. When she finally did, she was holding one of the moving boxes I'd carried in last weekend, and looked more upset than I would have hoped.

"Dimitri," she said, "I'm in the middle of unpacking the upstairs bathroom because Lissa has been nagging me to do it all week, but I can always finish the unpacking when we're done. We should talk about what happened earlier now."

This was what I had been dreading ever since I realized I was going to go off in my pants. Nothing good could come from discussing what had happened between us. I needed to cut this off quickly. And I couldn't tell her the truth.

"Rose, I'm sorry I left earlier. Everything was just going so fast and I was - well - I was a little freaked out," I said.

Rose frowned. Not the reaction I was expecting. Maybe she didn't buy it. "I guess I just wasn't ready for everything that happened," I continued, "I'd just like to keep taking it slow for a little bit longer." For one more date, so I can be true to my word with Christian Ozera.

Rose's frown deepened to a scowl. "So ... what happens now?" she asked, picking up the moving box again, "Do you just go back home to your dad's for the night? Maybe we see each other around or try again in a couple of weeks?"

"I'd still like to spend the rest of our date together tonight, Rose. Maybe we should find a nice board game to play, though." Something that won't make my dick explode all over the inside of my pants.