ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙

Oh god, where do I start?

It was probably a couple of weeks after Raihan and I first really tried anything intimate, and it was my fault I didn't pay attention to how what we were doing. I don't think he did, either, and that's where we are now.

I had been feeling sick that morning and had thrown up almost right after I had woken up. Raihan was out doing training with some other trainers so I was home alone. I immediately thought of the worst possible thing when you're sick and haven't used any method of birth control. 

Rushing outside, I barely pulled on my shoes as I rushed down the driveway leading to the streets of Hammerlocke. I was in such a rush. 

Walking into the pharmacy, it smelled like perfume and cough medicine, which made my stomach lurch. I walked through the empty aisles, careful not to miss what I was looking for, when I found them.

The little section labeled "Pregnancy Tests/Birth Control."

I quickly pulled out my phone and looked for the most reliable brand that was on the shelves. When I found what I thought was the most accurate one, I reached up to grab it before hesitating. Was I overreacting? Maybe I was just sick from something I'd eaten previously? 

I...I didn't want to believe it, but I also didn't want to disregard the thought. I grabbed the pregnancy test off the shelf and made my way to the checkout.

-----------

I nervously held the small, white stick up in my hand and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and opening them. 

Two small, red lines greeted me back.

I...I just started crying. I don't know what came over me. Of course, I was exstatic to know I was going to have a baby. 

Then the thought hit me, 

"What would Raihan think? Leon?"

That just made the tears flow more. I sat, knees pulled up to my chest, on the cold bathroom floor, crying. For an hour, at least. 

I finally got up, rubbed my eyes, and put the positive pregnancy test down on the bedside table. I'd...I'd figure out a way to tell Raihan when he got home. I just sat down on the bed and...stared. I just stared out the window for what felt like ages. The only thing that snapped me out of it was when the front door opened.

He was here.

"Y/N? Where are you?"

I stayed silent, waiting for him to reach our bedroom. "Y/N, there you are!"

He came over and sat down beside me, pulling me into a hug. "So, what have you been doing all day?"

I smiled and quietly sighed. "I've been figuring out how to tell you, actually."

Before he could question me, I picked up the pregnancy test and handed it to him. At first, he didn't say anything. Then tears started forming in the corners of his eyes, and a smile came to his face. "Y/N, are you sure?"

I nodded. "Yeah. It's positive. I'm going to the doctor tomorrow just to make sure it's accurate, but I think it is."

Raihan picked me up, spinning me around in a circle before setting me back down. "I'm gonna be a dad?!"

I nodded. "I wouldn't get too hopeful since sometimes tests aren't fully accurate, but let's hope."

He leaned in, knocking his forehead against mine. "I love you, Y/N, you know that, right?"

"Yeah. I love you too."