((𝔽𝕀ℕ𝔸𝕃𝔼))ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟟)

I woke up to the sound of a crash from downstairs, followed by the beeping of the fire alarm. I heard a yell and quick footsteps, and I hurried out of bed and opened the door. A blur of color passed by my door as Rain dashed to her room. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen where Raihan was standing, holding a pan and spatula in his hands while Cyrus scrambled around on the floor, cleaning up spilled pancake batter and egg shells. 

"Um...what happened, Rai?"

Raihan looked up to me. "Oh, uh...well, me and the kids thought we could make you breakfast for your birthday since you make it look so easy, and, well..."

I shook my head. "It's okay. I'll help you guys clean up."

After helping Cyrus clean the floor, I sent him off to his room to change out of his batter-covered shirt, and I took the pan from Raihan and started redoing the batter. Raihan took care of the eggs, and shortly after Rain came back downstairs, almost looking nervous until she saw me and took a breath of relief when she saw the mess before gone. 

--timeskip brought to you by my inability to have a simple talking scene without making it awkward--

I went outside, Rain and Cyrus running to the backyard and quickly getting to playing and goofing around. Raihan had his arm wrapped around my waist, and we sat down on a bench by the back door.

"So...are you having a good birthday? I did have something else planned, but-"

I leaned into Raihan, sighing. "What was it?"

He scratched at the nape of his neck. "Well, I was looking to book a train ticket to go visit Leon, but I couldn't get one in time. They were sold out, weirdly enough."

I smiled. "We could just go through the flying taxi, Rai. Did you forget about it?"

He gave me a frustrated look. "We haven't had a reason to use one, so yeah, I guess."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah."

We stayed quiet while Cyrus and Rain played over by the slide. 

Eventually, he started to talk again. "I mean, would you want to go now? It's almost 4, we won't get there until 6."

I shrugged. "He hasn't seen Cyrus and Rain in a while, so why not? We can just spend the night and come back home tomorrow."

He adjusted, moving his arm around to my shoulders. "So should we go now?"

I stood up, Raihan standing up with me. "Cyrus, Rain, come on! We're going to visit your uncle Leon." 

"Oh, cool!"

Cyrus ran up to the fence door and pushed it open, Raihan running after him to make sure he didn't go too far. Rain rubbed her eyes and walked up to me, grabbing on to my hand silently. I smiled, rubbing her hair and walking in to the front yard where Cyrus clung on to Raihan's leg while he tried calling for a taxi.

Yep, this is my family.

Couldn't ask for anything different.

--------

Hey guys! Sorry if this was really short, I was pretty unmotivated but I've been trying to come up with a concept for the final chapter. I might make a follow up chapter/oneshot to this, but for the time being, this is the end!

Feel free to comment if you want me to continue with oneshots, and hopefully I'll be able to make some concept art of the kids! Thanks for reading, and I hope you have a good day or night depending where you live. Bye!