7

the pair end up in nando's after a day of filming together. over food, they get talking.

"mads, i think we need to stop. we're too old for casual sex now, man, we need something real." he says, stealing one of the girl's chips. she can't stop herself from smiling at this, full of hope.

could this be harry admitting he feels the same way?

"100%. it was a stupid idea."

"i'm so glad you agree, i think it's best for the both of us."

"not that i disagree, but what's brought this on?"

"katie messaged me saying she wants to give us another go." he says, putting his head down. he knew mads hated katie, and knew she would hate her going back to her. but he couldn't help it. katie was his first love, and he couldn't let her go.

hearing those words made her heart drop. not only did she feel like he rejected her, he was going back to the girl who had used him so much. who had made him feel like shit. who had broken him.

"really? you're going back to her? after everything she's put you through?" she says, her anger making it come out louder than it was meant to.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he asks, taken aback by her anger. he knew she wouldn't be happy, but not this angry.

shut up, mads. it's not your place. sit down and be qui-

"the fact that she's the reason you're so drained, walking in and out of your life like it's nothing. you think that's healthy? you think that's who you want to be with?" it's all coming out now. she stops, realising she's shouting and walks out of the restaurant.

"it's called love. i'm in love with her, i'm sorry if you don't understand that but it's the way it is." he shouts, stepping out of the door.

"face the facts, harry. she doesn't love you. you need to move on." are the last words she manages to choke out before getting into a taxi. trying to regulate her breath to stop herself from breaking down. they had never argued, and it hurt more knowing how she felt about him.

crying in the taxi. classy, mads. really fucking classy.

exiting the lift, she walks towards the familiar blue door of her friend's apartment. hoping and praying that he was home, she pounds on the door. all care about public image gone as she ugly cries, not caring who sees her.

"mads? what happened?" tobi says, wrapping his arms around the girl.

"you were right tobs."

"did you tell him?"

"no. he decided he wants to go for katie. i mean of course he did." she sobs into the boy's arms.

"look. mads, as hard as it sounds, you need to get back out there. if he's moved on, you should try to too."

she knows in her mind that he's right. that he's not the one for her, and so she downloads tinder, in hope that the right one will be on there.

to distract herself, she goes through some of the comments of her second channel:

original song please mads!!

love the makeup oh my god 😍

anyone notice how they look closer in every video?
-> it's pretty cute i can't lie

mads got a hickey. damn harry what've you been doing?
-> she's in his hoodie as well.
—> cute.

great. the fans aren't going to shut up when they don't see him in videos anymore.