15

because of the night befores 'antics', mads had woken up later than everyone else. blaming her lie in on jet lag seemed like a good enough excuse to use. as everyone stood around getting breakfast, she sat herself down on the sofa, avoiding eating yet again.

harry had noticed the girls change in weight, and how she was avoiding eating. he was worried. he knew his intentions, she was who he wanted to be with. he couldn't lose her. not like this.

"morning, bellend." she said croakily, looking up at the boy with a smile.

"you're in a good mood. aren't you?"

"always."

"want me to grab you something for breakfast?"

"i'm alright. not hungry, to be honest." she lies, looking down at her feet so he couldn't see through her false statement.

the boy sighs to himself and walks away, knowing this meal was a lost cause. when arriving at the breakfast bar, he was met with a kiss on the cheek by katie. trying to keep up his act, he gives her a fake smile.

"so what's your plans for today then, baby?" she asks.

"us lot are going to the footy, aren't we? then we'll all meet back here for pres before tonight." he says while refusing to look at the girl next to him. nicknames weren't his thing. at all. they just made him want to gag.

"sounds great. i'll miss you when i'm out shopping, babe!" she shouts, giving mads a side eye while wrapping her arm around his shoulder.

he gives a slight nod in agreement before going upstairs to get himself ready. seeing mads laughing to herself at his uncomfortable nature, he flips her off jokily. shaking his head in false annoyance as she dramatically blows him a kiss.

the girls stood around in the local spanish shopping centre, all discussing which shop to go into next. the conversation getting more and more uncomfortable for mads with each suggestion of a shop, knowing full well they wouldn't stock her new size.

"um, do you have a size four?" mads awkwardly asks the shop assistant, looking around and seeing nothing that looks like it would fit her.

so as not to raise suspicion, mads looked for oversized size 6 items. they were designed to be baggy so it wouldn't look weird if she didn't quite fill them out.

using the excuse of not being hungry, mads excuses herself from their meal at a tapas bar to go back to the minibus and wait for the girls there, making sure to jog to slim herself down even more. no matter what she looked like to other people, she always told herself she wasn't good enough, and it was starting to kill her.

of course talia was worried, she was watching one of her best friends slowly slim down to nothing. what's worse was that she knew she couldn't help. mads was stubborn. she wasn't the type to talk about her problems, especially not with her mates.

~

the groups both returned to the villas at the same time, immediately rushing up to their rooms to get ready for their afternoon at the beach club.

cocktails on tap and music blasting through the speakers were only some of the perks of the club. it was an insane place and the group was buzzing. for hours on end, they went between drunkenly swaying to the music and downing rounds of shots, only ending up in them being completely wasted by the time they would eventually arrive back at the villa.

harry and mads were the most sober ones of the group. they were still smashed, just not to everyone else's level. as everyone collapsed on their beds as soon as they got home, the pair made their way outside to the pool again. just as they had the night before.

"come to ruin my evening again?" she says with a smirk, seeing the blond boy walk out of his villa.

"i'll fuck off then, if you want."

"please don't." she said with a small laugh.

"knew you loved me."

he sat down next to her as she lay herself across his lap, looking up at him.

"is this going to become a nightly thing then?" he asked the girl in his arms.

"if you want it to."

"i like that we do it at night."

she gives him a confused look, "whys that then?"

"means i can see less of your ugly face." he jokes. she fakes being offended and stands up, walking behind him and using her full force to push him into the pool as payback.

once he got over the sudden change in temperature, an idea formed in his mind.

"help me out. you pushed me in, you have to help me." he says seriously. she walks over and passes him her hand to use to help himself up. on reflex, he pulls her down and into the pool with him.

on quite a few occasions throughout the night, the pair had found themselves leaning into each other, but then kicked themselves when they remembered that he, in fact, did still have a girlfriend.

to anyone else, this would have been sweet and romantic. to these two, it was the first sign of the shitstorm to come.