26

the flight to la had to be one of the worst things mads had ever experienced. her travel anxiety mixed with a banging headache made for an awful journey, as well as it being at 6am.

they got into the airport at about 1pm in 'la time', with everyone getting off with their partners and mads being left to wallow in self pity. harry was still in hawaii until tomorrow morning before the fight, so she was left alone except for his bright green hoodie he had left her with, to soften the blow.

because there was a good title in it, everyone started vlogging as they got off the plane and into the airport. seeing her in harry's hoodie was always going to cause some reaction amongst the fans, but it was easy enough to brush off as 'just borrowing it from a friend'.

mads found herself sat alone in the hotel room, so she started to unpack her stuff for the next few days, trying to entertain herself while her boyfriend was still away. it was weird, they hadn't been together long, but going from seeing him everyday to not seeing him for a week was a big change.

since she had made her 'big comeback' to youtube, she decided she should upload a cover to her channel to celebrate.

new video from: birchy
somebody else - the 1975 cover by birchy x

"hey guys, it's birchy. now today, i'm going to be doing a cover of the 1975's somebody else. so yeah, enjoy." mads started. for once, the song she was uploading had no meaning to her at this time. maybe before, but not anymore. her life finally seemed to be turning itself around, at least a bit.

"just a little added note, i know this is a weird video to come back with, and i've not actually addressed where i went or whatever, but i'm sorry. i need more time than this. anyways, all the best. stay in touch, mwah." she sighed. having uploaded again felt like a massive weight had been lifted off of her shoulders, and she didn't feel too bad about the lack of an explanation as to where she went.

everything was, slowly but surely, falling back into place.