22

talia and mads found themselves in a little secluded cafe in the centre of stratford. it had a nice vibe, with rustic furniture and greenery everywhere. the food was the kind you'd see ex-love islanders promoting on their instagram, with its avocado on toast and gourmet caesar salads. this kind of place was nice as a treat, but nothing could beat a good old costa.

when their food arrived, talia saw the worry in the girl's eyes. grabbing her right hand in hers and rubbing circles on the back in support, she egged her on, encouraging her that she could get through it.

"you've got this, babe." she says, with a smile towards the girl as she took a forkful of her salad and put it into her mouth.

with each day, mads was getting slightly better. don't get me wrong, it was still a massive fight for her but she was managing to combat it easier.

the girls chatted away over coffees for a while, catching up on life since ibiza. mads ranted about how much she missed music, but how she knew that she couldn't risk falling back into the dark place from the reaction. talia felt awful for the girl opposite, seeing her have something she loved so dearly taken from her was so heartbreaking. she knew how great she was, and couldn't bare to see her stop in a way like this.

"let's collab on a song." talia blurts out on impulse.

"what?" mads questions, trying to work out if she had heard her friend correctly.

"me and you. let's do a song together. it will take a few months, so it can be your big comeback."

"sounds class, t." mads says with a smile. the worries of hate were completely drowned out by her urge to get back into singing.

for the next hour or so, the two brainstormed ideas for song themes and lyrics, trying to figure out a way they could make a song that fit both of their 'brands'. the idea of 'dear society' was formed. a song to express talia's anger towards the hate her friend had received and what it had done to her, but also to express the hurt mads had felt from it all. it was perfect.

the pair ended up back at mads' apartment, both of them dancing around her room as they got ready to go out for drinks. well, what mads thought was for drinks. they had put on her 'sesh playlist' and were singing along to mr brightside at the top of their lungs as they applied makeup, warranting quite a few noise complaints from her neighbours.

harry and the cals had recently moved out of halo tower, much to mads' dismay, and into a new house in a different part of stratford, which meant the pair getting a cab there would be explicable. as talia had booked the two of them an uber, mads was completely unaware to where she would be actually going.

"oh, just wait here. i need to go and get something from lux, i'll be literally like two seconds." talia says, running inside the boys' house, executing the first part of the plan.

half an hour had passed and there was still no sign of talia. much to her luck, lux happened to be walking past at the time and let her into the flat to look for her mate.

"ginley! hey!" she says as the dark haired boy pulled her into an embrace.

"what you doing here, birchy?" he replies with an a-class fake confused look.

"myself and t were going out for drinks, but t said she had to stop by here to get something from you?"

"ohh, right yeah. freezy's probably let her wait outside as bog and i were out." he remarks, signalling to the blond boy behind him getting out of their taxi. harry jogs up and pulls the girl into an unusually long embrace. not that she objected though.

they broke apart when lux let out an over dramatic cough, informing them of both his presence and the fact that he had opened the door. looking each other in the eyes and laughing at their friend's actions, they made their way inside the house. completely unaware as to what was coming...