explaining

Laiya's pov 

I was just putting the finishing touches on my outfit when Ruel texted me he was on his way, I hadn't been nervous at all until I received that text. I talked to my mum about what happened and she said that she really wanted to meet Ruel considering he saved my life. I can already tell she is going to love him. Though she also told me that he deserves to know who Tyler is and why he tried to kidnap me earlier that day. 

Flashback to 8 months earlier

"Laiya I need you to give these to the man down the road" tyler said holding a bag of cocaine 

"NO tyler I don't want to" I said trying to walk away, he grabbed my arm and I began to scream

"I SAID GIVE THEM TO HIM" he yelled pulling me closer to him

"HELP! ANYBODY" I screamed  trying to pull away from tyler

I could hear the sound of people running towards us which is when Tyler pushed me to the floor and started trying to suffocate me. He use to always be sweet and loving, that was the Tyler I thought I fell in love with. Turns out I was just being manipulated. He started selling drugs at the end of year 9 and was trying to get me to help him even though I refused. I ended up breaking up with him which he didn't like and he became very abusive, he would follow me around places and touch me everywhere and without consent, however I never had sex with him even though he had tried.... multiple times. 

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SLUT" he yelled into my ear still trying to suffocate me

"Please Tyler this doesn't have to happen... please!" I mumbled 

"OI GET OFF HER" I heard someone yell from behind me, I could see Tylers face freeze and two police officers grabbed him and put him in cuffs

"LAIYA THIS ISN'T OVER YOU LITTLE WHORE" he screamed whilst getting pulled away from the cops.

I ended up going to the police station and filling an abuse report, a week later we went to trial and he was sent to juvie for 6 months due to him being "too young" for real prison. 

End of flashback

He has been out for a few months now and has tried to contact me, only family and Anu know about it. I guess I never told Ruel cause I didn't want to see him get involved but it's to late for that now. 

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs and finished putting my shoes on