leaving

Time skip 3 months

Ruels pov

"Bub I'm going to miss you so so much" I whispered to her

"I'm going to miss you too but I will be back in only 3 months and I'll see you at my Sydney dance comp in like 2 months" She spoke resting her head in the crook of my neck

"I know but please don't forget me" I said turning her face to look at me

"I promise I won't... and don't forget about me" 

"I could never... you are my painkiller love" I said kissing her on the forehead

"Why is that?" she asked 

"Because you take all my pain away and make me feel better" 

"Well you are my painkiller too" 

"I love you loads" 

"I love you too bubba... I love you too" she replied a tear falling onto her lap

The rest of the car ride to the airport was silent besides a little bit of chatter from Jacob, Lays mum and my sisters. I was going to miss her and to be quite honest I wasn't sure what I was going to do with myself, of course I had my friends and I was planning on seeing them in the next few days but it wouldn't be the same. Last night we had a leaving party for Lay, the whole group was there including Anu who is now part of the group, we had a few drinks (ofc soft drinks for Lay and I) and then Lay and I slept over at a hotel. Yes... at a hotel — you can imagine the rest. 

I knew it was going to be a matter of time before walking in the door when I got home before I would burst into tears. I probably wouldn't even make it through my bedroom door to be quite honest, though on the brighter side I had a new song coming along and it was about my love for Laiya and I know that missing her will help me write the song and make it even better. Distance only makes the heart grow fonder..

The car gradually began to slow down and I knew that it meant that I only had a few more minutes with Lay before she would leave, her mum pulled into a parking spot and we hopped out of the car to grab her luggage. I held onto one of her bags with one hand and held tightly onto her hand with the other. We walked into the airport, I saw a few fans but choose to ignore them as I wanted this time with her. 

We checked in her luggage and walked her to her gate before saying goodbye. She hugged Sylvie and Coco who were hyping her up making her giggle, then she hugged her brother who whispered something into her ear though I couldn't hear what he said then she gave her mum a huge hug. Lays mum was crying into the hug whilst Laiya was trying to reassure her that everything would be ok. Then finally it was my turn.

"I'm going to miss you love" she said hugging my body, I lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around my body

"I am going to miss you too, but please enjoy your time and dance your heart out because you deserve this more than anyone. I'll be waiting here for you when you come back and I'll be your number one supporter" I whispered into her ear

She pulled her face away from my neck and gave me a kiss on the lips, it was like no one else was there. There was still fireworks in the kiss like the first time and it was still just as magical and maybe even a little more.

She hopped down from my waist and she grabbed my hoodie and pouted her bottom lip

"Oh my" I huffed lifting up my hoodie and placing it over her petite frame

"Love you" she said 

"Love you too" 

"bye everyone!" she spoke giving us one last wave and blowing us a kiss before turning around and walking through the doors of her gate.. and just like that she was gone. 

We all left the airport this time I was hoodie-less, Lays mum was kind enough to drop us home which we thanked her for. I walked through the front doors with no emotion, without making any conversation with my parents who were in the living room I walked up the stairs straight to my bedroom locking the door and lying on my bed. 

Tears began to flow the smell of her perfume still lingering on my bedsheets, she had already texted me saying that she was taking off which I of course replied to... immediately. 

Like nate always says 'use the emotions you have and turn them into lyrics thats how you make a good song'  so thats what I did. 

Oh I (oh I)
Try to be happy, but it's hard sometimes
But life (but life)
Just seems to happen right before my eyes
'Cause I feel like I'm not there
'Cause my head is up somewhere
Far away from all my friends
I just want that back again
Oh I (oh I)
Try to be happy, but it's hard sometimes
It's hard sometimes

thats how I felt, everyone expects you to be happy but sometimes thats hard, only Laiya really understands that. 

Cocos pov

I heard Ruel singing softly to a song in his bedroom, it was a new song and clearly a very heartfelt song. I softly knocked on the door and heard Ruel unlock it, his eyes bloodshot from tears. I pulled him into a hug and heard him sob into my shoulder.

"I-I-I'm going to miss her coco so so much" he spoke into my shoulder

"I know you will but you can always facetime and you have all of us" I spoke slightly smirking to myself

What Ruel didn't know was that we had all planned for Laiya to come back to Sydney to surprise him in a month. It was supposed to be a surprise for him though we don't have all the details just yet.

----------------- 

Bit of a sad chapter and probably a few more to come. Please make sure to vote so more people can read. Love everyone! xx