the dance competition

time skip to 2 days before going to see Ruel

Laiyas pov

In two days I am flying out to surprise and see Ruel, I have already began planning what I will be packing and I'm not going to lie I am nervous to see Ruel. We have been calling and texting each other everyday and each time I talk to him I miss him even more but I always have that bad feeling in the back of my mind. What if he has moved on? What if he doesn't love me anymore? What if he has found someone else? What if he thinks I'm not good enough anymore?  I have told Millie and katie about these feelings and they always tell me not to worry about them and although I try my best they will always be there. 

Today I have my last dance competitions for the next two weeks, it is a home competition so that means that there is way more pressure. I mean we are competing for LA in.. LA. I had group dance this week and it was a dance with both boys and girls, I am playing the main in the group and am being lifted A LOT. 

Millie is coming to watch because she is in town and is bringing Noah Schnapp, I have only met him once and he is super super sweet. I said a quick hello to them before they took there seats near the front. 

5 minutes before going on stage

I looked out from the wings and could see the Millie and Noah sitting in the front, the team called me over and we began out pre-show handshake. 

The music began to play and we all ran on to begin the performance. 

the group dance (brooke is Laiya)

We finished the dance to a standing ovation from the whole audience, I looked over and saw Millie crying and Noah taking photos of us making my heart warm. 

Once we had come off I had to immediately get ready for my solo as I was the fourth number and had to change my makeup and costume PLUS practice. I ran to the changing room and began getting into my costume, I then began doing my makeup whilst Ruby did my hair. I heard the number before me get called to perform which meant that I had to go to the side stage.

The person before me had just finished and he was AMAZING, and the fact that he was a male would mean that he would get bonus points as well that only meant I had to do even better. 

My number was called and I ran on to the stage and found my starting point waiting for the music to begin. 

Laiyas solo

The performance was amazing probably one of the best I have ever done, the judges were in tears and so was my team, I walked off stage and got hugs from everyone. I walked back to the dressing room and looked at my phone, Millie had tagged me in a post.

 I walked back to the dressing room and looked at my phone, Millie had tagged me in a post

liked by Noahschnapp and 1.5m others

milliebobbybrown Went to see this beautiful girl compete today, Noah took these photos whilst I was balling my eyes out. So so proud of you Lay!

tagged laiyaturner Noahschnapp

comments

laiyaturner Thank you mills 

laiyaturner I'll see you in 40!

danceworld she is amazing 

Noahschnapp yes millie was crying 

Noahschnapp laiyaturner should I be your personal photographer?

laiyaturner Noahschnapp yess! 

milliebobbybrown Noahschnapp stop exposing me even more

load more comments

It was time for the awards and all the teams were out on the stage floor. The categories were group dance, solo dance and overall winners. We are so far undefeated and would like to keep it that way. 

Judge: "First place for the solo category is... Laiya with the dance 'lifeline'" everyone cheered as I got up to go and get my award 

Judge: "first place for the group dance category is... LA international dance team with the dance 'why not me'"

We all cheered and got up to take our awards and credit our choreographer, we won by A LOT which would probably mean we would do this dance again and I'm not complaining. 

The last award and most important award was coming up and that was the overall winner, the nerves were setting in and the audience was dead silent.

Judge: "And the overall winners of the World of LA dance competition is..." the dancers began to drum on the floor "LA international dance team" he screamed as our whole team jumped up and hugged each other accepting our award and making our thank you speech. 

We made our way back to the green room and packed up our things, my plan was to invite Millie and Noah back to the house to chill for a bit because I was very tired, then tomorrow I am going to pack so I can take my flight 9am that morning. I left the room with all my things and ran over to the boy and girl I saw standing and talking to each other,I brought them both into massive hugs.

We took photos and headed back to the house where we sat and watched modern family, I posted one of the photos of Millie, Noah and I from today. 

(pretend Laiya is Sadie)

liked by oneruel and 152,673 others 

laiyaturner Still undefeated!! also thanks to these two for coming and supporting us today!

tagged milliebobbybrown Noahschnapp

comments 

Noahschnapp you did amazing!

laiyaturner Noahschnapp thanks bud!

oneruel so proud of you love!

laiyaturner oneruel thank you bubba

oneruel ft?

laiyaturner oneruel of course bubs!

milliebobbybrown such a proud mum!

laiyaturner milliebobbybrown You are the bestest mills

anuolaf1 THATS MY BESTIE 

laiyaturner anuolaf1 I LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!

thedanceupdates you did so so good wtf!

load more comments

------------------

Wonder what will happen next chapter!! Love you!