The Pool

As much as he didn't want to, Chat Noir left Marinette's house shortly after she fell asleep. He essentially had to climb over her to leave through the hatch, but he didn't mind.

Back in his house it took a while for Adrien to fall asleep. He couldn't get comfortable no matter what he tried. Sleep finally claimed him in the early morning hours.

************************************

When Marinette arrived at the pool, several of her friends were already there.

After hugging her, Alya whispered "Adrien's coming today!"

Marinette rolled her eyes at her best friend. "That's great for him," she mumbled back.

Within a few minutes the rest of the group had arrived, including Adrien. Everyone went inside, with the girls heading to the girl's changing room and the boys heading to the boy's changing room.

"I love the new bathing suit," Alya told Marinette once they had changed. "You look smokin' girl!"

Marinette laughed. "I think that Nino's going to have a heart attack when he sees you."

"Well that's the idea," her friend replied, winking at her.

The two friends giggled as they made their way to the pool.

Marinette stopped however, when she saw Adrien standing by the pool with Nino. A shirtless Adrien was a new experience for her. She blushed as they walked up to the boys.

"Hey, you guys ready?" Alya asked them.

Both boys' mouths fell open when they turned around and saw the girls in front of them. Nino was looking at Alya. Adrien was looking at Marinette.

"Holy crap, babe," Nino said. "You look so hot."

"I know, right?" Alya replied, flipping her hair back. She was wearing an orange striped bikini that accentuated her curvy body. "Come on, let's go in," she said, pulling her boyfriend with her to the pool steps.

Adrien was still staring at Marinette. She was wearing a bright pink bikini that complimented her fair skin and dark hair. His heart was racing as he tried to think of something to say. She looked up at him with those beautiful eyes and all of a sudden Adrien needed to get into that cold water. He quickly turned around and followed Nino and Alya into the pool.

Marinette stood in place for a moment before slowly making her way to the pool steps. She was almost there when her classmate and friend Kim stopped her.

"Whoa Marinette!" he said, looking her up and down. "When did you get so ripped? I didn't know you worked out!"

She laughed. "I don't, actually."

"There's no way you got those guns by carrying your books to class," Kim said, nudging her with his elbow.

"Just lucky I guess," Marinette said nonchalantly. There was no way that she could ever admit that she got all her muscles from her time spent fighting villains as Ladybug.

"Well whatever it is, it's working for you," Kim continued.

Adrien frowned listening to their conversation. "How inappropriate can Kim be?" he thought. "Doesn't he have a girlfriend?"

"So where's Kagami?" Alya asked, interrupting his thoughts. "She couldn't make it?"

Adrien blinked at her. He had totally forgotten about Kagami. "Oh... I..." he stuttered. "I actually didn't invite her."

"Why not? Everything okay with you two?" Nino asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine," he said, not elaborating.