The Storm

Another evening meant another visit to Marinette's. Chat Noir couldn't get the image of her wearing that pink bikini out of his mind. Kim was right. She was amazingly fit and toned. Who would have known that that body was hiding under all of those modest clothes? He tried to push those thoughts from his mind as he landed on the roof.

Today she had brought up canelés for them to eat. They worked on the dress for a little while but then they decided to take a break and play some video games. After playing four rounds of Ultimate Mecha Strike 3, Marinette started yawning.

"I think it's time for me to get to sleep," she said, getting up and turning the game off.

Once the noise from the computer was silenced, both of them heard the unwelcome sound of thunder.

"On no," Chat Noir groaned, going over to the windows and looking outside. It was downpouring. Flashes of lightning lit up the sky.

"Well," Marinette said, walking up next to him, "It looks like you're definitely staying here tonight."

Chat Noir nodded. "I really hate thunderstorms," he admitted.

"Don't worry, they never last too long. I'm sure it will be over soon." She put her hand on his back and moved it around in circles.

Thunder clapped again, this time a little louder.

"I'll be right back, okay?" She walked across the room, grabbed her pajamas and changed in the bathroom.

"Do you want to keep the lights on until the storm is over?" she asked him.

"No, you can turn them off. It's not the darkness that I hate, it's just the noise," Chat Noir told her.

Marinette nodded. "Try to rest. I'll be right here if you need me."

"Thanks," he said, moving over to the chaise.

Marinette switched off the lights and climbed up to her bed. She could tell that the storm was getting closer. The thunder was getting louder every time. She closed her eyes even though she knew she wouldn't be able to sleep, not with all the noise. The rain pelted the hatch above her. With the next clap of thunder she heard a disturbance coming from the chaise.

"Chat Noir?" she asked, sitting up and looking in his direction.

"I'm fine, I just jumped a little from the noise. Go back to sleep Princess," he said to her.

She lay down but sat up again when the next thunderclap struck and the same noise came from the chaise. "Chat Noir?" she asked again.

He groaned. "I'm so sorry Marinette. These cat ears are supersonic so everything is ten times louder than usual. I should probably go, it's only going to get worse the louder the thunder gets."

"There's no way you're leaving during a storm," she said, getting up and climbing down the steps. She carefully made her way over to him in the dark and reached out her hand. "Come with me."

He grabbed her hand and she led him up the steps to her bed. "Lie down here next to me until the storm ends," she said.

"No Marinette, I can't..." he started protesting until another thunderclap struck. He jumped at the sound.

Marinette put her hands up to his face. "Lie down," she said.

He lay down on the bed and she climbed in next to him. They lay on their sides facing each other. Chat Noir jumped again at the next thunderclap. Marinette moved closer to him and put her hands up to his cat ears, flattening them down against his head. "Is this better?" she asked. He nodded.

The next clap of thunder still caused him to flinch.

"Let's try this," Marinette said. She started whisper-singing.

🎶 Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien 🎶

Chat Noir recognized the song. It was 'Non Je Ne Regrette Rien' by Édith Piaf.

🎶 Ni le bien, qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal, tout ça m'est bien égal 🎶

He continued listening to her voice, ignoring the sounds of the storm raging on outside. Right now the whole world was just him and Marinette.

🎶 Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien

Ce payé, balayé, oublié
Je me fous du passé

Avec mes souvenirs
J'ai allumé le feu

Mes chagrins, mes plaisirs
Je n'ai plus besoin d'eux

Balayés les amours
Avec leurs trémolos

Balayés pour toujours
Je repars à zéro

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien

Ni le bien, qu'on m'a fait
Ni le mal, tout ça m'est bien égal

Non, rien de rien
Non, je ne regrette rien

Car ma vie, car mes joies
Aujourd'hui, ça commence avec toi 🎶

Chat Noir smiled when she was done. "I love that song."

"My father used to sing it to me when I was younger," she explained.

"My mother used to sing to me too," he said.

Marinette smiled. "Try to rest now," she said, keeping her hands on his cat ears.

Chat Noir continued looking at her. He wished that he could see the blue in her eyes. Nightvision made everything shades of green and black. He slowly closed his eyes.

The storm must have been moving away. He could barely hear the thunder anymore. He didn't dare move though, he didn't want Marinette's hands to leave their place on him.

After a few minutes, Chat Noir felt Marinette's hands relax. He half opened his eyes to look at her. Her eyes were closed. "She must have fallen asleep," he thought, closing his eyes again. He didn't want to leave.

A second later, Marinette half opened her eyes to see that his eyes were closed. "He must have fallen asleep," she thought. She didn't want him to leave.

They both lay there next to each other. Eventually they did fall asleep, and didn't wake up until the morning.