The Love Square

Marinette was sitting at her desk sketching in her notebook when she heard the thump coming from the ceiling. She looked over at Tikki as tears started coming to her eyes.

The hatch opened up, causing the kwami to fly off and disappear. "Marinette?" Chat Noir called, jumping down to her bed.

"Chat Noir," she said, standing up and moving towards him. They met at the bottom of the steps, instantly embracing each other. Marinette put her arms around his neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. They held on for a full minute before breaking apart.

"I am so sorry Princess," Chat Noir said, cupping her face with his hands. "Please forgive me."

Her cheeks reddened. "Don't be sorry. I'm just so glad that you're okay." She sighed happily and closed her eyes. "I missed you."

"I missed you too. I always miss you when I'm not with you," he said softly.

She opened her eyes. "You do?" she whispered.

Chat Noir nodded. "I'm in love with you Marinette."

Her eyes widened as the tears started coming back. She tilted her head slightly to the side. "I'm in love with you too."

He smiled, trying to hold back his own tears. He moved his hand up and slowly brushed the bangs out of her eyes. "Okay if I kiss you now?" he asked quietly.

Marinette nodded. "Yes."

Chat Noir gently pulled her face towards him and kissed her. He lowered his arms and wrapped them around her. She put her hands around the back of his head and into his hair. The kiss was even better than in his dream.

When they parted they stayed close, gazing into each other's eyes. Chat Noir thought back to the past few months. All of the waiting had been worth it. He couldn't remember ever feeling happier than he was feeling right now.

Suddenly Marinette's face dropped and she moved away from him. "Chat Noir, I, uh..."

Wait, what was happening? He tried stepping towards her but she took a step back.

"Before anything else happens, I need to tell you something," she said, looking down.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't matter..." he tried to tell her but she interrupted him.

"No, it does matter. I should have told you a long time ago, but I was scared. I didn't want you to hate me."

Chat Noir shook his head. "I could never hate you Princess." He tried moving towards her again, but she stepped back.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you," she continued. "Please just promise me that you won't leave until I get the chance to explain."

"I promise," he said.

She nodded her head and looked up, attempting to stop the tears from falling from her eyes. Then she said the words.

"Tikki spots on."

Her kwami was sucked into her earring and she transformed into Ladybug. She kept her eyes on the ceiling as the tears started falling. "I'm sorry," she whispered.

Chat Noir almost passed out from shock. Marinette was Ladybug. Ladybug was Marinette. The girl he used to love was the same person that he currently loved.

Ladybug continued talking. "I wanted to tell you so many times. I should have told you, but I didn't. I was too afraid, too afraid to lose you. You're just so wonderful, and I... I love you so much."

She was quiet for a moment before she spoke again. "I'm sorry, I just... I didn't want there to be any more secrets between us," she said, finally looking at him.