The Confession

The band was on their fourth song by the time Marinette showed up to practice Saturday morning. She looked exhausted. Adrien looked, and felt, the exact same way. He watched as she sat down next to Alya, who started whispering to her. Marinette responded by shaking her head and whispering back. Alya then wrapped her up in a hug.

As soon as the band was done, Adrien ran over to the girls. He caught the very end of Alya's sentence to Marinette. "... then it's his loss."

"Hey Marinette, hey Alya," Adrien said stopping next to them.

"Hey Adrien, great job like usual," Alya said.

Marinette remained silent.

He turned towards her. "Are you okay Marinette? You seem upset."

"Oh, I'm just tired. I was up late last night so I didn't get much sleep."

Alya looked at her friend sympathetically.

"I'm sorry," Adrien said. He wished that he could tell her exactly how sorry he was. But that had to wait. "Do you two have any plans for today?"

"What did you have in mind?" Alya asked, glancing over at Marinette.

"I thought that maybe we could go to the park and hang out for awhile."

"I don't think I'm going to go," Marinette said. "But you guys have fun."

"What are you talking about?" Alya asked incredulously.

"I don't feel like going out today. I just want to go home and rest."

Adrien felt horrible. "Oh, that's too bad," he said disappointed. He was about to suggest another day when Luka came over to join them.

"Hi guys, how's everything going?" Luka asked the group.

"We're doing okay," Alya said.

"That's good." He turned towards Marinette. "Hey Marinette, I was wondering if I could talk to you about something."

Both Adrien and Alya quickly looked at her. She seemed surprised by his request. "Uh, okay," she said hesitantly.

"Come with me." Luka grabbed her hand and guided her away.

Alya looked over at Adrien's worried expression. "I'm sure it's nothing important," she said, although she wasn't entirely convinced.

Luka led Marinette away from the group. Then he turned to face her. "Marinette, I wanted to say that I'm really sorry about everything that happened between us. I know I hurt you when we broke up."

Marinette shook her head. "Oh no, Luka. You don't have to apologize..."

"Yes I do. You're an awesome girl and you didn't deserve that," he continued.

"Seriously, I'm okay," she insisted.

Luka smiled softly. "I'm glad that you're okay."

Marinette nodded at him and smiled.

He took a step towards her. "I also wanted to say that I miss you, Marinette."

Her smile faltered a little. "You do?" she asked quietly.

He nodded and moved closer. "Yeah I do, and I've been thinking... I think that I made a mistake when I broke up with you." He reached over and grabbed her hand, pulling it up between them. Marinette looked down at their hands, then back up at him. She couldn't believe what was happening.

On the other side of the houseboat Adrien and Alya watched in surprise. "I guess something is going on," Alya mumbled.

Adrien wasn't breathing. He couldn't believe what was happening.