Prologue

Here comes the moment I've been waiting for all my life. I'm finally going to dream university, NYU to be more exact. After attending UCLA for two years, I finally convinced my parents to transfer. It was hard at first because my family lives in LA and they wanted me to be around, but I convinced them by saying NYU is one of the best universities in the world, which is true. I've been studying hard to be accepted at NYU to fulfill my dream.

But what they don't know is that the main reason why I decided to transfer is that my husband Aiden Richard Alexander Davis studies business there. We met at a gala which we both attended  two years ago. I was 18 years old and he was 19 years old at that time. After that we started dating and fell in love. But the catch is that our relationship was secret. It still is because let's just say our dads are not the best of friends. Everyone knows that his dad Richard Davis and my dad William Sinclair are constantly in rivalry for being at the top of the hotel business. Both of our families own several hotels, luxurious resorts and cruise ships which makes us billionaires.

However, after dating for one year he popped the question at our one-year anniversary. He surprised me with a trip to Iceland and at a national park by the sea I became his fiancée. It was surreal and I couldn't have wished for a better proposal. Of course we knew we're young but it didn't matter to us. We knew that we want to spend the rest of our life together.

As fiancées it was even harder for us to keep our love secret, so we told my best friend Autumn and his best friend Elijah. Since we were far apart with him being in NY and me being in LA, we facetimed and flew out a lot. Every time I flew out I told my parents I would stay with a friend.

We got married a few months later in Hawaii with our best friends as mate of honor and best man. It was the most perfect day imaginable, the day my name was changed to Ophelia Xael Davis. And after almost two years of marriage, we are finally together without any distance separating us.