Chapter 6

Aiden

I groan as I hear my timer go off. It's currently 7 am which means that I have to get ready for university as today is my first year as a senior in college. My last year.

I make my way to the bathroom which is connected to the master bedroom, my bedroom, and shower and brush my teeth. I decide to wear a casual outfit with a pair of black suit pants and a plain white shirt. I also put on my expensive watch, some cologne and briefly style my messy hair before going to the kitchen.

I glance on my watch and see that I still have enough time to make myself an omelet and a cup of coffee. Most people in my circle have maids and cooks who take care of things like that but I decided against having one. I do have a housekeeper who once in a while cleans the apartment but I enjoy cooking my own meals. My mother Amanda is a chef cook and taught my siblings Adriel who is 17 and still in high school and my sister Armelle who is 19 and works as a model. My parents met at a restaurant my mom worked at back then. My dad fell in love with my mom's cooking and after a week of eating there daily he asked the manager for private cooking lessons. At first my mom didn't want to do it but my dad didn't let it go until she agreed. At the age of 26 they had me, their first child and the heir to the company. When I turned 10 my dad's business really took off and he was barely home. At some point my mom even wanted a divorce. That was the turning point where my dad opened his eyes and spent more time with his family.

That's how our weekly Sunday cooking started. Yesterday, we made my mom's new Thai Red Curry recipe which turned out delicious. I genuitely love spending time with my family and just catching up what's going on in everyones life but what keeps annoying me is my mom asking about my love life. I hate keeping this from my family but in the afternoon I learned once again why we have to do this. My dad and I had to go to the office to solve a newly accured problem. Apparently my father-in-law William Sinclair opened a new hotel in Mexico right next to a Davis hotel and to do so he partnered up with some of our partners. Obviously my dad was furious and mentioned how he can't stand the Sinclairs. We had to work out the issue the whole night which meant that I only had four hours of sleep.

After finishing my omelet, I make myself a second coffee in order to get my circulation going. I finish my coffee and send Ophelia a quick text.

Aiden: Good luck for your first day, beautiful.

Ophelia: Thank you. Why didn't you call last night?

Aiden: I had to take care of some business related to your dad's new hotel in Mexico. Nothing to worry about.

Ophelia: Oh...ok. Will you call later?

Aiden: Yes, I'll try. I love you.

Ophelia: I love you too<3

I smile at my phone and open the hidden folder 'wedding' on my display. Lia looks absolutely breathtaking and stunning in her white long wedding gown. I'm blessed to have her in my life not only as my wife but also as my best friend. After every bad day she's the one who always cheers me up not complaining about the fact that she has to get up in the middle of the night. Long distance for sure was hard but we managed and now live in the same city. Of course I would have loved if she lived here with me as a family but we both know that it would be too risky. At least for now. We are aware that we have to tell them eventually but now is not the right time.

After finishing my second cup of coffee I grab my backpack and head to the lobby entrance where my driver Gerald already is waiting for me.

"Good morning, sir." He says while opening the car door for me.

"Good morning, Gerald. How are you today?" I ask with a smile.

"I'm very well." He responds.

Gerald is an elder man who already has two children in their 30s. His wife Martha actually works for my parents as their housekeeper. They both started working for my family when I was born and are part of our family now. They watched us when we were younger and Gerald took us to school every day. When I started college he decided to become my personal driver as he wanted to only work parttime. He doesn't have long working hours anymore as I mostly drive myself, he only drives me to campus or to parties sometimes.

The rest of the drive I check my emails and respond to them.

When we arrive on campus it's already full of students and professors. I say goodbye to Gerald and walk to the business building. On my way I look out for Lia but of course I can't see her anywhere because she's in a total different building. All I can see is people going out of my way and girls are oggling me. I roll my eyes inwardly.

After a few minutes I see Eli and my friends Mason, Bryce, Mason's girlfriend Paisley, Bryce's girl best friend Madilyn and Hazel standing by the door all taking to each other.

"Hey, man. There you are. We've been looking for you." Bryce greets me.

"Sorry, Gerald just dropped me up." I say as I greet everyone with either a handshake or a hug.

"As I was saying Hazel and I welcomed our new neighbor yesterday. She's a new transfer from UCLA and honestly so sweet. Her name is Ophelia." Maddie continues.

I nervously clear my throat. "Do you mean Ophelia Sinclair?"

"Yeah, oh right, I forgot that your families are rivals in business."

"Does she take business with us?" Bryce asks.

"No, she's a junior and she's in fashion design. I was irritated at first because you might think she would take her father's place together with her brother but she said her parents let her do whatever she wants." Maddie explains.

"Isn't her mother a famous fashion designer? I also saw her on a few covers of fashion magazines. She's so pretty." Paisley says.

That she is.

"That will be very interesting with a Sinclair and a Davis at the same college." Eli states with a grin.

I shoot him a glare which he responds with an even wider grin but I decide to ignore him.

"Anyways, there is a party tonight for all seniors as a welcome back kinda thing." Mason says.

"On a Monday?" I question.

"Yeah, at the usual club." He confirms.

Then we get interrupted by a professor telling us to go to class so we quickly goodbye and all make our ways to our classes.

Here we go again.