Chapter 1

Ophelia

"Miss Sinclair, we'll be landing in 15 minutes."

I open my eyes to see our stewardess Miranda smiling politely at me. I nod and smile back. I look out of my family's private jet and already see the tall buildings of New York. I can't help but smile. Although I'm a little annoyed that my dad insisted that I take our private plane. I would have done fine taking a commercial plane but that's just my dad, always making sure nothing happens to his only daughter. What's important is that in a few minutes I'll finally be with my husband again.

As soon as we land, I grab my things and say goodbye to the crew.

I can't believe that I'm going to live here for at least the next two years. Snapping out of my thoughts I'm about to take my last steps as a man in a black suit takes my luggage and puts it into a black Mercedes.

"Excuse me, sir, but I can take care of this myself."

"Can't do, Miss. I have orders to follow." He states.

"My father sent you, didn't he?" I question him.

"Yes, he did. My name is Ronnie and I will be your personal driver and bodyguard." He greets.

I sigh. Oh great. That's not how I imagined it. But I should have predicted it.

I smile at Ronnie and offer him my hand. "I'm Ophelia. There's no need to call me miss."

He shakes my hand and returns my smile.

I excuse myself and quickly make a phone call.

"Hey, honey, how are you. Did you land well?" My dad says.

"Yes, everything went well but I have a little problem here." I explain.

"What is it?" He asks innocently.

I roll my eyes and I'm pretty sure he knows. "You know exactly what I mean, dad. Care to explain why I'm being escorted from the airport?"

"New York is a big city and I'm not there to protect you and neither is Xavier." He says referring to my older brother.

"Dad, I'm an independent woman. Also let me remind you that you're the one who taught me self-defense since I was eight and if something is wrong I can call him. Just please let me do this once by myself. I'm an adult, not a child." I say calmly.

"Fine but if something happens call me immediately. I won't let anything happen to you. I love you." He says with an uneasy tone in his voice.

"Love you, too. I will call you and mom after I settle in."

"Ok. Oh and Ophelia..."

"Yes, dad?" I ask.

"You're still my sweet little girl." I chuckle and bit my goodbyes.

His sweet little girl of course.

After the call, I walk over to Robbie and tell him that I will be fine without him but he has already received a message from my dad. Since I don't have a car here, he insists on driving me to my apartment.

During our ride I learn that he is 28 years old, works for my dad for about four years whenever he is in New York for business meetings, is of Brazilian origin which explains his tanned skin, has a little sister named Liliana who is 22 years old and has a wife named Julie. Looks like we have one thing in common. Well, the thing about being married, not having a wife.

All in all he is a cool person to talk to though I would prefer sitting next to my husband in the car. Shit! With all that bodyguard stuff I totally forgot that Aiden wanted to pick me up from the airport. Nervously I search for my phone in my bag and see six missed calls from him.