Chapter 11

Aiden

"I missed you." My mom says, walking towards me with her arms wide open.

"Mom, I just saw you last week and you texted me about 30 times." I chuckle, slightly shaking my head.

"See that only proves my point. Besides your late." She scolds me.

"I know but only because I had to take a quick stop." I say, revealing a big bouquet of flowers. She kisses my cheek and takes it to the kitchen since Martha has a day off.

That's not the entire truth. I am late but not because I bought flowers. Ophelia stayed at her apartment last night because her mother paid her a surprise visit so I stayed up late working on some assignments and only woke up at 11. Afterwards I worked out for nearly two hours, loosing track of time since I haven't gotten to work out the past few days. When I realized I couldn't make it until 1pm, I called Gerald to buy some flowers for me. In the meantime I quickly showered and got ready. Gerald already waited in the my private parking lot with the bouquet and the keys for my black Maserati. That brings me here 30 minutes late for the weekly Davis family lunch.

"Smooth. You know otherwise she would give you a really hard time." My younger brother Adriel walks down the stairs, smirking.

"Shut up!" I groan and give him a bro hug.

"Boys!" Our mom screams from the kitchen. We both run to the kitchen not wanting to be scold by the boss lady again.

Our mom is already giving my father and my sister Aria orders, showing her true chef side. I'm glad I'm not working for her I can barely endure this every Sunday so five days a week sounds absolutely horrible. I do love my mom her bossy side can be a bit too much sometimes though.

"Hey, little one," I lift my sister into the air, which makes her squeal. After setting her back down, I ruffle her hair.

"Every. Single. Time." Aria gives me a glare.

My father lets out a deep laugh, already being used to it. "Son," He greets me with a pad on my shoulder. He isn't exactly a big talker if it isn't about business, especially when my mother hosts our weekly family dinner. He usually lets her talk, knowing better than to interrupt her.

"Hey, dad. Everything alright with the company? Did we solve the problem?" I ask concerned.

"No talking about the company on Sundays!" My mother exclaims, looking scary for a woman of her height.

We both raise our hands in surrender and mumble a sorry before walking to the sink doing the tasks my mom had for us. My dad and I washed the vegetables while my siblings sliced the vegetables and my mom cooked some rice.

After an hour we had a delicious vegetarian Paella. My mom insists on having vegetarian or vegan meals at least on one family lunch per month and it always turns out delicious.

"You never believe who Aria and I saw yesterday." My mom laughs nervously, drawing all our attention.

My dad's face hardens. "Let me guess Chloé and Ophelia Sinclair. It is all over the news." He frowns. I knew about Lia's mother being in town because she texted me yesterday after her abrupt leave. "I only hope this fucking prick didn't come here, too."

"Dad!" I glare at him, making sure he knows I disagree with choice of words.

"I don't get why you're always defending him." He says angrily. "He takes every chance he gets trying to ruin our company."

My mother scoffs. "As if you don't do the same thing. I agree with Aiden here. You're both grown ass men for god's sake. Sort this out and maybe work with him instead of working against him."