Chapter 3

Ophelia

I feel warm rays of sunshine on my face which causes me to open my eyes. But instead of seeing a nice sunny scenery the sun blinds me for a few seconds. I groan and look for my phone. 8:37 am. Great! I look to my right and see that Aiden is still asleep. This guy really is something else, like how can he not wake up from the sun.

I quietly make my way to the kitchen and decide to make some pancakes with blueberries because I know it's his favorite. For myself, I just make an avocado toast. Aiden likes his sweet breakfast while I prefer to stay on the savory side.

When I place the food on the table, someone rings the bell. Damn it!

"What do I do?" I say to myself, panicking.

I try to think straight and check the security cameras.

"Seriously, you could've just called that you're coming. I was here panicking like crazy cause I didn't want to wake Aiden up." I say as I open the door.

In front of me stands a 6'2 ft tall man with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Geez, woman. Chill. Good morning to you too, Your Majesty." Elijah says as he steps into the apartment.

"Don't talk to my wife like that." Aiden says playfully while leaning against the kitchen counter.

I glare at him. "When did you wake up? Wait, have you been standing there the whole time I was panicking?" I ask aggravatedly.

He just gives me an innocent smile and Eli tries to surpress his laugh.

"Wait...you knew Eli would come, didn't you?" I groan. "You guys are jerks. How is it possible that I married you and you are one of my best friends?" I point at them.

Aiden walks towards me. "Because you love this ridiculously handsome man in front of you and Eli and I are a package deal, beautiful."

"Well, if you say so." I snort.

He pecks my lips and pulls me to the table.

At breakfast we laugh a lot while catching up with Eli. Apparently, he hasn't changed a bit in the past three months that I didn't see him, he's still a womanizer. But he moved to a new apartment two blocks away from here. Eli is originally from Washington D. C., but he moved to New York when he was four years old. Both his parents are doctors and own a few clinics here which means Eli comes from money. He doesn't have any siblings which is why he has such a close connection with Aiden.

"I think I should go now." I say and clear the table.

"Why? It's only 11am." Aiden raises his eyebrows.

"Today..." I say but get interrupted by the ringing tone of my phone. I symbolize them to be quiet and pick up the phone without looking at the caller's ID.

"Ophelia Xael Sinclair, where are you?" I flinch at his angry voice.

"What do you mean?" I ask my dad.

"What do I mean? You said you would call us yesterday, but you didn't, and your phone was turned off. So I called Robbie to go to your apartment and check on you. Apparently, my daughter isn't even there. That's exactly why I wanted Robbie to look after you. So answer me! Where are you?"

The boys look at me questioningly.

"I'm sorry I forgot. I'm out for breakfast." That isn't exactly a lie.

"Where are you for breakfast?"

"Dad..."

"You know what, young lady, I will let Robbie track your phone because you clearly don't want to answer."

"NO!" I hectically say, almost screaming. "I will call him now. There's no need to do that. I will call mom as soon as I'm back at my apartment."

"You better." He sighs. "I'm just worried about you and I want you to be safe, princess." He says in a gentle tone.

"I know, dad. But I'm fine. I love you."

"I love you, too."

I end the call and quickly explain to the guys what it was all about. Then, I call Robbie.

"Hey, Robbie. What's up?"

"Finally, Ophelia. Your dad is ready to kill right now. Where are you?"

"I'm actually at a friend's place. Please don't mention it to my dad. I beg you. He thinks I'm out for breakfast which I practically am but still." Aiden scoffs at the word 'friend' but I ignore it.

"Oh...I get it. A friend's place." He laughs. "I won't mention it but we should probably meet up at a coffee shop nearby because your dad wants an address and I'm instructed to drive you back to campus."

"Got it and thank you, Robbie. I'll text you the coffee shop's address in a minute. See you."

I end the call and send Robbie the address of the place I found on the internet. Then I turn to the boys.

"I have to go meet Robbie." I say, grabbing my bag.

As I turn to Aiden, I see him tensing up. "He's just the bodyguard I told you about and besides he's married." I explain.

"I still don't like it."

"I know." I smile and kiss him. "I love you, Aiden."

His lips curl into a smile. "I love you, Ophelia."

"Ok, guys, that's enough."

Aiden glares at his best friend but I can't help but chuckle.

"Go get yourself a girl, Ellie." I say, as I pat his shoulder and throw them a kiss and exit the apartment. The last thing I can hear is Aiden laughing loudly. I walk to the coffee shop with a big smile on my face.

I really missed these idiots.