Chapter 9

Ophelia

I breath out loudly and satisfied. I survived the first week at NYU. Surprisingly everything went quite well. I like most of my professors and the other students in my courses. This week I became really close with Akira and Eden. They knew each other before but didn't really interact. On top of that Akira never stayed late or joined the others as she always took care of her daughter and the year she took of led her to losing her old friends. She only had the support of their parents because the father of her child, or better the sperm donor, didn't want anything to do with the baby. I swear people or men who act like that make me so mad and they have no right to be called a father. Since Yuna is in kindergarten now Akira has more time. I'm really happy that Akira and Eden get along that well. At campus I spent most of my time with them, especially in our breaks where we went for lunch. Sometimes some other girls joined or Louis and his best friend Hendrik.

Although I spent a lot of time with the girls, I slept over at Aiden's for the past three days. I really missed being around him that's why I love our trips we took over the years. Today Aiden has planned our whole date night and I am super exited. When we started dating Aiden used to plan our date nights every time he visited or I came to New York or wherever we stayed. He doesn't show many people his true self but if you get the honor you will never want him out of your life.

I continue to walk to his apartment to get changed. This morning he told me that he had to stay longer on campus and that I should be ready at 7 p.m. which means that I still have two hours. Before I walk into his apartment's building, I take out my sunglasses and put my hair up with a black hair barrette so nobody will recognize me when I walk into the building. I take the elevator as my phone rings. I see Autumn smiling brightly at me.

"Hey girly, what's up?" She basically screams. Sometimes I really don't know where her energy comes from.

"Hi, nothing much except that Aiden is taking me on a date today." I blush but it's barely noticeable.

"I saw that. Aww, look at you." She grins.

"Guilty but look at this man and it's not my fault that he is being extra cute." I say.

Autumn laughs as I open the door to Aiden's apartment. "You guys are so much in love that it sickens me."

"Come on you're just jealous." I tease.

"But seriously I'm happy for you and you know that I'm your number one fan and don't forget to tell southern boy I said hi. He kind of didn't respond to the message I sent. Tell him to stop being such a meanie." I let out a deep belly laugh. Southern boy is the nickname Autumn gave Aiden two years ago when we went on a road trip to Yosemite and Aiden played his country playlist all the time. Autumn and Aiden are actually pretty close although Autumn's a handful as Aiden likes to say but I know that he sees her as his little sister even if it's just as his annoying little sister.

"I will. By the way have you heard anything from my mom? I talked to my dad the other day and Xavier but my mom didn't answer the phone and the others didn't say a word."

"She's just busy. Don't worry." She says, obviously trying to change the topic. Autumn and my mom talk almost every day. She's like her second mom and since she started her acting career my mom was a lot of help and encouraging her as she is also a public figure.

I give her a stern look. She rolls her eyes. "Really you'll know soon enough."

"Ok. Wait," I quickly walk over to the closet and take out a dark blue dress with little white flowers and a green satin dress I made for an assignment last year. I go back to my phone in the living room and show my best friend my options for tonight. "So which one do you think is best?" I ask.

"Depends on what you're gonna do tonight. The flower dress is cute but for a Friday night I think you should go with the dark green one."

"Ok then it is the green one." I smile.

I go into the bathroom and do my makeup while I listen to Autumn babbling about the movie she's making and the male lead who has his eye on her before she has to go to a meeting with her manager. 

I look contentedly into the mirror and make the finishing touches with some lip gloss, gold jewelry, some black strappy heels and my black Prada baguette bag.

I take a quick photo with my polaroid camera just like I always do with an outfit that I like for my look book. I walk back into the living room to the office space Aiden surprised me with two days ago and it's already my favorite place in the apartment. I have the huge windows which makes it the perfect spot for designing new things and it is somehow separated from the rest of the living room. I take out the look book and glue my new polaroid on a new page after waving it for a few seconds.

"Hey." A husky voice whispers into my left ear making me flinch slightly but then I turn around and circle my arms around his waist. "Hey."

I bend into a kiss, but he stops me, causing me to look at him questioningly. He takes my hand and turns me, looking at every inch of my body.

"Stunning. Now you can kiss me." I don't waste any time and kiss him, feeling his smile on my lips.

"So what are we gonna do?" I ask him curiously.

"Wait a second." He rushes off, leaving me in the living room.

After five minutes he comes back looking extremely handsome in a black suit and styled hair.

"Do you know how sexy you look in a suit?" I question.

He chuckles. "Yes, actually I do because you tell me every time I wear one."

He walks towards me and when he is only a few steps away he brings his hand in front of him revealing a bouquet of red roses and daisies, my favorite flowers.

I smile brightly and bring my lips to his. "Thank you, I love them." I mumble against his lips.

"So what are we gonna do?"

"I'm not telling you. Let's go." He grabs my hand and drags me out of his apartment towards the elevator. I pound "I'm not telling you. You will know soon enough." I groan and roll my eyes in annoyance. I'm a very impatient person when it comes to these kinds of things but Aiden loves surprises so he never tells me in advance no matter how much I try to make him spill. Inside the elevator he covers the buttons and presses one.

"Aiden it's still not dark outside I don't think it's a good idea to go out with the paparazzi and everything." I let out. Normally we chose a different time to go out or we go to private places but I can't help being nervous all the time. I know this is not a life I want to live for the rest of our lives but I want to be with Aiden and for now I like living in our bubble, being quiet and private not having to worry about anyone else.

"Trust me." The elevator opens but instead of seeing the lobby a beautiful rooftop is being revealed. From here you can see all of New York and the sun slowly setting. The whole rooftop is decorated with candles and food and wine are on a small table in the middle.

"Oh my god this is so sweet. I love it." I gasp.

"Well I'm glad you do." He smiles.

I take his hand and lead him to the side to watch the sunset. "We can eat later. I don't mind eating cold food."

He steps in front of me and embraces me. I lean my head on his broad chest and turn my head to the side to watch the sunset.

"I love you." He whispers, giving me a kiss on my head.

"I love you, too." I cuddle into him relaxing more and more.

This is the place I want to be for the rest of my life, right here next to Aiden. This is where I feel the safest, the happiest, the luckiest and most importantly loved in a way that is unimaginable.