Chapter 2

Ophelia

After 15 minutes I take the elevator to the top floor where Aiden's apartment is. I quietly scan the key card and go inside. I'm sneaking around while looking for Aiden to surprise him. Unexpectedly, I flinch when I hear his voice.

"You do know that I have security cameras, right, beautiful?" He smirks looking at my shocked face.

"You scared me Mr. Smarty-pants." I hiss.

"I missed you, Mrs. Davis." He says smiling at me and engulfs me into a hug.

"I might have missed you, too. But just a little bit." I look innocently at him before capturing his lips.

He cups my face and gives me one of his long passionate kiss I missed.

He looks me deep in the eyes. "I love you, Lia."

"I love you, too, so much." I say.

"Well, that didn't take you long to say." He smirks as I playfully slap his well-built chest. Aiden is by far the most handsome man I know. He's 6'3 ft tall, is well built with the right amount of muscles, has brown hair, tanned skin and ocean blue eyes.

"What are you thinking about?"

"How perfect you are."

He kisses my forehead and picks me up in bridal style, walking towards the bedroom. He lays me down on the huge bed before he hovers over me and places kisses all over me.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"What do you think? I haven't seen my wife in person for a whole month." He says with lustful eyes.

After our, well, let's just call it workout, we both take a shower separately much to the dismiss of my husband, I might add. I mean it technically is his fault. He's the one who bought a penthouse with four bathrooms.

I'm about to go to his closet to grab some clothes but instead I see a pair of grey joggers and a black sweater on the bathtub edge. I smile. He really is the sweetest, most affectionate man I know. I do have my own clothes in the back of his closet due to the fact that I've stayed here a few times already, but he knows I prefer his clothes to be comfortable.

I quickly get dressed and put my hair into a bun before going to the living room with the open kitchen. On my way I can already smell the cooking so it doesn't surprise me that Aiden is standing topless in the kitchen, cooking salmon.

I hug him from behind and kiss his shoulder.

"Smells good."

"It's my new recipe." He states proudly. Aiden has been a passionate cook since he was a child. The first time he cooked was when he was eight years old and his grandmother taught him how to make pumpkin soup. He failed at the attempt, but it only encouraged him more to make it perfectly. I always tell him to become a chef like his mother but I know he could never give up the business world. He loves it and already gets trained by his father to take over the company in a few years. Cooking is just something he enjoys doing in his free time or to release stress.

I let go of my arms around him and start setting the table. As soon as I finish, he places the food on the plates.

"How is it?" He asks me with a look of expectation as soon as I take the first bite.

I open my eyes widely. "This is so good. What's the secret? Don't say it let me guess. Wait... it's something with honey and ginger." I grin.

He smiles proudly and gives me high five. The rest of dinner we stay in a comfortable silence looking each other in the eyes.

Afterwards, we decide to call it a night and both get ready for bed. As I crawl into the bed, he already lays in bed waiting for me. I silently lean my head against his chest as he puts his arm around me, gently caressing my back. I start to draw the outline of his abs with my index finger while my eyes are on New York at night like I'm in a dream.

"I wish we could be like this all the time." Aiden says and looks very thoughtful.

I look up to him. "Well we could be."

"You know exactly that we can't. Everyone would get suspicious and if anyone would find out so would our parents. Also, my parents would notice your things every time they visit and immediately start digging. You and I both know what that means."

"I know." I sigh. "It's just...I don't know...I would like to be like a normal married couple for once. I love you to death which is why I think we should tell everyone about us. All we do is lie to our friends and family. I don't know if I can do this much longer. We've already been doing this for a few years and now we even live in the same city."

He sits up and takes my hand. "Just give it a bit more time. If we'll stick to the plan, we'll figure it out." He kisses my hand. "We always do."

I nod subtly and close my eyes, slowly falling asleep.

I really hope so.