Chapter 4: Your memory is with me.

کبھی دیکھا نہ تھا آنکھ بھر کے اسے۔ بھر کے دیکھا تو آنکھ بھر آئی۔       

I had Never seen her with my own eyes
My Eyes welled up when I saw her with my own eyes.

Waves of the water crashed as they met the lakeside

Waves of the water crashed as they met the lakeside. The lady in her white churridar and long shirt was sitting beside Her man. They were sitting at the lakeside weather was chilling it was gloomy evening. Wind was blowing with the magic of love. Both were looking at the beautiful sight in front of them. Sound of the water was like a lullaby in the freezing weather. It was quite chilling  even without snowfall. It was mid of November the day after their nikah.

Irtaza took a deep breath as he looked his wife. Doaa's one hand was in the water while from other she was holding back her silky long brown hair. Irtaza moved a little and took her fragile small hands in his big ones. Doaa became stunned at his move as realisation hit her that he was so close his front was touching her back she moved her head a little her eyes down face crimson. Now she came face to face with him but didn't dare to look at him as shyness engulfed her. "They are freezing, your hands" Irtaza spoke his concerned eyes on her small hands. She looked at him for the first time and it would be unfair to him if she didn't accept that she lost herself . His six feet figure was covering her five four she felt so little in front of him.

Doaa's closed fist was in Irtaza's big one she was so lost that she didn't even realise that there was an oyster shell in her hand and she had it for the first time in her life after many trials since childhood she was in search of a real oyster.

Irtaza raised his eyes brows and took that oyster shell  in his hand.

"Umm, I have been finding it since childhood and look today I found it with you." She smiled a little.

A smile crept on Irtaza's lips stole her heart she looked at him deeply.
"It would be miracle if there's any pearl in this shell experts say the chances of finding a pearl in an oyster is about one in thousands." She voiced her thoughts and looked down as she really wanted  pearls in the oyster.

Irtaza was considering her wish childish but deep down he wanted to full fill her wish.

Irtaza opened the shell carefully he didn't want to know what was in the shell the shine in Doaa's eyes was enough to tell him that her wish has been full filled.

"Oh my precious" her eyes sparkled just like the pearls in the shell.

"Irtaza look they are so beautiful" Irtaza looked at her and than two beautiful pearls. It really was a tiny miracle.

Irtaza forwarded his hand in which the oyster was. Doaa was about to take the shell when a white soft flake fell capturing their attention. Making the vibe more magical in those mountains. It was the first snowfall of the winter.

Soon one after the other snowflakes started falling. Irtaza and Doaa were lost in the dreamy world hands still intertwined both were looking at the sky praising the beauty falling from the sky.

A snowflake fall on Irtaza's eye breaking the beautiful moment. He looked at Doaa and smiled he was smiling now and than since yesterday.

"Let's go Doaa" he spoke huskily Doaa looked at their intertwined hands and than her eyes moved towards her happiness.

They started moving Irtaza was making sure to match Doaa's slow steps. He didn't leave her hand for once. Her embroidered pashmina shawl was fluttering with the wind.

They reached Khan's estate soon. Irtaza looked at her who was dealing with the snowflakes stuck in her hair. "Doaa" he called her his voice merely audible. She looked at his deep brown eyes for sometime than felt the warmth of his hand gone and he stepped back.

"Won't you come inside?" She asked him her voice like a feather. He just smiled sadly in response and nodded no.

Sadness engulfed her all of sudden she took a step forward and took one pearl from the shell. She moved her hand towards his direction and spoke,  her voice shivering due to the lump formed in her throat. "Meri yaad, This will remind you of me." She looked away, unable to hold his gaze as her eyes became teary.

It was his last day  in Pakistan he was going back for two years for his degree in abroad.

The darkness in the room was speaking volumes. A man was standing with the pearl in his hand his back touching the wall. All the events crossed his mind as he was examining that pearl. He still had it.

"This will remind you of me."  He took a deep sigh as he could hear her words from the past. He made his way towards her bed.

His eyes welled up as he gazed his wife closely. The same pearl was shining in her neck which was in his hand. He smiled sadly at the beautiful memory of them. "Teri yaad sath hai" (your memory is with me.)

Here's an update. Hope you people enjoyed it.

Show some love🌸