Chapter 9: Hurt.

گذر جائے تو لمہہ
گذارنا پڑے تو مدت۔

If it passes than its a moment
If you have to spent it than it's a time.

Tiny drops of rain were falling on the screen making the sound

Tiny drops of rain were falling on the screen making the sound. Temperature was dropping day by day. Sun light started to fade away. In the city of clouds everything was smooth except the life of the man and his lady.

Irtaza was driving the car his vision fully focused at the screen whereas mind far gone somewhere else.The car stopped in front of Sikandar Villa breaking his chain of thoughts.

He parked the car and entered the house. Jingling of the keys could be hear in the sheer silence.

Orange dim light was glowing. Irtaza sat on the couch and closed his eyes for sometime.

He didn't have strength to have food even. He sat there for sometime and in past mid night he made his way upstairs towards his room.

Passing from the room doorway of her room he halted his movement.

He was about to turn the knob but his hand on its own accord dropped many, unknown emotions crossed his mind and he started moving backwards with slow and small footsteps.

While the person on the other side was wide awake fighting with the inside demons in the dark room.

Irtaza laid on his bed and sleep consumed him in no time. Who could have known that it was not only him who slept empty stomach that night.

Sun met the horizon and hide the darkness in its embrace glow of the sun twinkled behind the clouds.

Whistling of the coffee kettle echoed whereas aroma of freshly made breakfast and coffee beans could be smelt in the cozy dinning room.

Everyone was present on the breakfast table. Silently having their breakfast.

"Assalamualaikum" a heavy manly voice echoed grabbing everyone's attention.

Irtaza entered and took the blessing of his grandmother. An old lady smiled beautifully at her grandson and kissed his forehead.

Irtaza took his seat, his eyes at the lady who was busy in playing with the fork unaware of the world around her.

Irtaza shook his head and started having his breakfast. Mr. Ahmer, Adeel and Irtaza were talking about their company and new shares.

He was taking glances of Doaa now and than but she never raised her eyes. Her plate was still full seems like she has no interest left in eating.