Chapter 3: Basement Blues

Thanks for the reviews guys. This chapter going to be about Gaara and Neji, but first I'm talking about Temari and Kankurou and their old home in Suna. There is something I need, but you have to wait for that in a later chapter.

Enjoy!

Chapter 3

Temari and Kankurou got to their uncle's house the next morning. They were glad that his house was 10 miles away from their father's house. They just hoped that none of their father's friends had seen that they were back in Suna. It would be hell if their father found out they were back in town.

They went to the door and Kankurou knocked twice. It took a minute but the door opened and their uncle was standing in front of them.

"Oh? Temari, Kankurou, I haven't seen you two around lately." Said their uncle.

"We moved away , so we didn't have to stay with dad. We even took Gaara with us." Said Temari.

"Where is Gaara anyway? I haven't seen him since he was six." It's true, their father made them stop seeing their uncle. He said they only went there to get away from him and to be safe there, so he stopped them from going to his house.

"We didn't bring him with is. We were afraid he would freak out if we brought him back to Suna." Temari felt bad that they didn't bring Gaara with them but only because they knew he would freak out about their father coming after them.

"What did your father do? Before you three left I mean. Gaara came to my house beaten up. By the time I got to the door. He was laying on the ground. I knew your father beat the living hell out of him but I didn't tell anyone because your father was the kind of person who will most likely kill his children." He looked down at the ground. That day hurt him more then anything. It took three days for Gaara to wake up. The poor kid was so weak and could hardly move.

"Well, that is why we ran and moved far away. Dad almost killed Gaara by putting a pillow over his head. He was lucky that he passed out because dad thought he killed him. That night we were so scared that we carried Gaara with us until we got to our new home." Temari said.

"That's good to hear, that you get away from there. So how is Gaara since you guys moved?" he asked.

"He's good now. He made friends. He's eaten right and we even bought him new clothes. He really is doing great in school too." Said Kankurou.

"Well that's good to hear. You kids better come inside before your father's friends see you." He let them in the house, shut and locked the door. What they didn't know was that one of their father's friends already knew they were back. So he went to there father and told him that the two oldest ones were back, but not the youngest. He found this funny that they didn't bring Gaara with them and then told his friend to keep an eye on them. He was going to make sure all of them died this time.

Meanwhile Gaara was just waking up and saw that Neji was gone. He got up and changed his clothes, then he went downstairs to get something to eat. When he got there, Neji was making food and gave him a plate. When they were sitting at the table. Neji saw a scar on Gaara's one shoulder.

"Hey Gaara, what is that on your shoulder and what is it from?" He asked kind of worried about the other boy.

"It's nothing. It been there for four years." Gaara knew that he had a lot of cars from his father but the one on his shoulder…he would never forget.

"You know it's not right to hide things. I am your boyfriend now, right?" Neji asked with a smile.

"You're right." He blushed When had that unspoken thing been decided? "I just don't want to talk about it. It's in my past and that is where I want it to stay. I'll you when the time is right." With that Gaara finished eating and went to his room. He pulled out his laptop and started writing again.