Chapter 12: The Greatest Power

Thanks for reviews. This chapter isn't going to be that bad. Maybe Itachi will be up to his usual stuff…like hurting or bugging Gaara. I don't know yet. I usually make up stuff as I go. But it turns out good anyways. Well I don't really know what to say in the AN. So on with the story.

ENJOY!

Chapter 12
The Greatest Power

(Time skip- a week later)

Gaara was still sleeping when Temari came to give him his medicine. Neji woke up first and saw Temari walking towards the bed.

"Hey, Temari. I'll give him the pills when he wakes up. You should let him sleep. It's his first day back in four months." Said Neji.

"You're right Neji but it's an hour before school and you should get ready yourself. You know it will take Gaara a while to change. Promise me that if he starts passing out or something the take him where he'll be safe. I'll hurt you Neji if Itachi gets a hold of him." Said Temari.

"I know that already. Gaara is sitting with me and if not me then my friend Lee or one of the others. I'm not letting Itachi touch him again and I told Gaara the plan too. So just go, I'll get him ready." Said Neji.

"Okay, see ya Neji." Temari walked out of the room and went to work.

Neji went to get a shower. He was always at Gaara's house so his uncle told him he could just stay there. It was better because then he didn't have to put up with Neji. He hated Neji, but took care of him. Now he had somewhere for him to stay and not worry about him.

Neji got out of the shower half an hour later and went to Gaara's room. He saw that Gaara was sitting up in his bed and watching him.

"You know you should get ready Gaara. Your sister wont' let me live if you miss the first day back." Said Neji.

"I know. I'm just a little worried about things at school. What will happen if I pass out and get caught by Itachi?" Said Gaara.

"Well first of all, if you start or feel light headed tell me because I need to get you to a safe place and two, Itachi won't be able to get near you. Me and the others will be around, Gaara." Said Neji.

"Oh." He was quiet for a moment. "Temari usually wakes me up to take those pills." Said Gaara.

"Yeah I told her that I'll get them to you because you needed enough sleep since it's you first day back." Said Neji. Gaara took the pills and drank water with them.

"I know and I'm still freaking out. I don't want to get hurt again. What if Itachi hurts me or sees me there?" Asked Gaara.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Now get dress and we'll go. Come on Gaara I have things to do today." Said Neji.

"Okay." Said Gaara. 5 minutes later Neji and Gaara walked to the door. They got in the car and drove to school.

When they got there they saw all their friends hanging in the same spot like always. Just like Itachi's group did. When Gaara saw them. He could help, but to freak out. That was when Kankurou came over and pulled Gaara inside the building with Neji and the others following him.

After they were in the school Kankurou told Sasuke and Naruto to take Gaara to homeroom and they did. Kankurou stopped Neji from walking off and they watched as Itachi and Kimimaro went to homeroom. Then they walked to the bathroom.

"Neji, I'm worried about my brother. I also know that Itachi knows he's back. I don't want anything to happen to him so try to keep him away from seeing Itachi because he was almost freaking out when we were standing out there. Like I told you, it's going to take a while for him to heal. The kid is still scared to death because of what happened to him. Promise me Neji." Said Kankurou.