Chapter 4: On Top Of The Night

Thanks again for reviews. Poor Gaara I felt bad for the whole Itachi thing. But poor little redhead's hell is just starting. Some chapter is going to be good with a cliff hanger.

ENJOY!

Chapter 4

On Top Of The Night

Neji was the first one to wake up that night, finding Kankurou staring at him. Neji was kind of scared because he knew what happen to people that fucked with Gaara.

"Hi Kankurou. I was just- Neji was cut off by Kankurou.

"It's okay. I know you are going out with my brother." He laughed a bit. "Did you think I was going to rip off your head or something?" Kankurou smiled when he saw Neji about to freak out.

"Well I...um...I was just making sure Gaara would be okay by himself and then me and him got together." Neji looked at Kankurou hoping he would go away. And he did. Neji felt better about that. He looked at Gaara who was still sound asleep. He thought it was the cutest thing he ever saw.

After Kankurou left the room. He went down stairs to talk to Temari. When he got down there she was making something to eat for her and the boys.

"Neji's awake, but Gaara is still sleeping. I wonder what happened when we weren't here?" Kankurou was a little worried about why Gaara was sleeping this late.

"Don't worry about it, Kankurou. I'm sure Neji kept him safe the entire time." Temari didn't want to admit it, but she was worried too.

After the food was done, Gaara and Neji came down to the dinner room. They sat at the table and waited for the food. Temari looked up at Gaara and saw that he looked kind of weak but didn't want to say anything. Kankurou saw it too.

"Hey Gaara. Why do you look so weak? Did you get enough sleep last night?" Kankurou didn't care if Gaara's boyfriend was sitting there, but Gaara did look weaker this morning, compared others.

"I'm fine Kankurou. I just stayed up late is all. We were playing a game and I couldn't get to sleep." Gaara lied.

Kankurou looked at Gaara, then Neji, then back to Gaara. "You better not be lying Gaara. If something back happened you need to tell me. I can't be a big brother, if you don't tell me things." Kankurou looked at his brother again and Gaara gave him that face that told him- 'I'll tell you later after he leaves.'

Temari saw it too but before they could say anything. Gaara and Neji were done eating and went back to Gaara's room. Then it was just them in the dining room.

"Do you think it's that bad that Gaara has to wait for him to leave?" Kankurou looked at Temari who shrugged. Then they both started to eat again.

Up in Gaara's room. Gaara sat on the bed and Neji was holding him. Gaara was a little freaked out that Kankurou saw how terrible he looked and felt. He knew he couldn't hide it from Kankurou or Temari. They would just find out sooner or later. Gaara looked up that Neji who was staring down at him.

"Neji, I'm a little worried about telling me brother and sister about what Itachi did. What should I do?" Gaara asked.

"You should tell them Gaara. They really care about you. Unlike me, you have a brother and sister. I am a only child and my father died." Neji looked away for a little, then back at Gaara. "He died trying to save me, when I was young. I used to love going outside to play on the playground." He paused. "That day changed everything. I was playing on the swing and this guy came up to me. He picked me up and the only thing I knew to do was scream for me father. He came and got me out of the guy's arms. He pushed me back and stood in between me and the guy. Then before we knew it, the guy pulled out the knife and stabbed my father. Now I'm living with my uncle and cousins." Neji looked like he was about to cry, but stopped when Gaara started saying something.