V. Going In Solo

Lena found herself at the edge of the city, at the bottom of Mt. Ibuki. She saw a dirt trail leading up through the trees, snow blanketing it. Lena pulled out a hair tie from her pocket and tied her hair back. She then pulled the hood of Dai's hoodie over her head as she then sprouted water wings and flew up the mountain, hovering over the trail.

She flew up at a faster pace than she would have otherwise with running, covering much ground in a shorter span of time.
"It can't be that hard to find," she said to herself.
Now going above the tree line, Lena paused as her wings held her in place in the air. She looked up the mountain, not seeing any sign of any kind of building.

"Maybe it's on the other side," she said, and she took off to go around the mountain.
As she did, however, an ice beam shot up from the trees, missing her by inches.
Lena turned over in the air to avoid it nonetheless, and she stopped, looking down to see where the beam came from.
She found out a moment later, when two more ice beams were fired up at her.
She moved to avoid them, and continued in the direction she was heading in.
More ice beams shot up, nearly hitting her. Lena did her best to evade them, only for one to finally hit her in the wing, freezing that wing solid.

Lena then found herself falling towards the trees.
"No no no no-" she uttered as she plummeted down.
She hit the trees, fell through the branches, and landed onto the snowy ground. Her one water wing dissipated, and the frozen one shattered as she turned over onto her back. Her eyes began to glow a light blue as she used her ice Gift to heal any minor injuries she got in the fall.
Slowly standing back up and shaking off any lingering pain, she took a moment to take in her surroundings. There wasn't much, other than trees and ground white with snow.

"Perfect," she muttered, and was getting ready to sprout her water wings again, when she noticed something in the distance.
It was far off, to her it was just a dark blue blur.
Lena squinted, trying to see what, or who, it was.
She then realized an ice beam was coming straight for her. She ducked and rolled out of the way just it came through, hitting a tree and freezing a good portion of its trunk over.

Lena looked up to see the blur was two people, clad in dark blue tunics with silver armor on the arms. They had scarves covering the bottom halves of their faces and wore hoods over their heads. They were running straight for her at full speed.
One was upon her sooner than she expected, and he formed a giant ice battle axe over his head. Lena had barely any time to move out of the way just as it crashed down in the spot she was just in.
Lena stumbled back and threw a water ball at her attacker in desperation.
The attacker slashed through the water ball with the axe, causing it to splatter.
He then charged at her again, Lena forming two ice katanas in the nick of time to block his oncoming side attack.
The blades of her swords and the handle of the axe ground against one another as the two struggled against each other. Lena then noticed the second warrior coming up behind the first, icy energy evaporating from her palm.

"Shin'nyū-sha wa koko de shinu," she said sternly.
"What?!" Lena asked, afraid and confused.
She then kicked the one with the axe, and swung her blades around to attack the female one.
The second warrior formed a sword of her own to block Lena's. Lena swung the blades over and over, each time her opponent blocking with precision and relative ease.
She then kicked Lena back, Lena stumbling back but keeping her composure.
She held her blades up in a defensive stance, as her two attackers rejoined together in front of her, holding the respective weapons up at the ready.
Lena watched them, waiting for one of them to make the first move, when she noticed the trees behind them.

She paused, looking back at her attackers. Upon closer inspection, she saw a strange symbol sewn onto the tunics over the heart. No doubt these two work for the Bàs Fuar. Regardless, Lena spun around, and threw her swords at them. Immediately after, she pushed a big tidal wave towards them as well.
Her attackers moved to avoid the swords, only for the tidal wave to sweep them off their feet.
Lena then sprouted new water wings and flew over them to stand behind them. She landed by the trees she saw and formed a new sword. She swung it into the trunk of the thickest tree. She kept swinging and swinging, using water wrapped around the blade to help further progress.

Her attackers were recovering from the unexpected tidal wave, somewhat dizzy from the spinning.
Lena kept chopping away until it was mostly cut through. She then formed water hands and pushed it forward.
The tree jerked, and then casually fell towards her attackers.
The female one saw this and formed an igloo over her and her partner just as the tree fell on top of them.
It was stopped by the igloo, but the ice was beginning to crack under the weight.
Lena smiled, proud of herself, and she took off into the air again.
"I must be close," she said, and she continued around the mountain until finally...

A snow covered temple could be seen built into the side of the mountain, with steps leading up to it. Lena hovered for a moment, in awe.
"Don't worry Jace," she said, "I'm here."

❄️

"She WHAT?!" Ryū exclaimed.
"There's no stopping her, you should know that," Dai explained, "Besides, I have faith in her."
"Maybe you don't understand," Ryū pinched his nose, "Those people are skilled mercenaries. She could be easily killed!"
"Honestly, we all could have been easily killed by The Bolt a couple weeks ago," Luke pointed out.
"Gifted controlled by a God and Gifted skilled on their own are two very different things!" Ryū argued, and he sat on the bed in the hotel room, sighing, "Well, we obviously got to go get her, without the Bàs Fuar being made known of our presence."
"How?" Kai asked, "All of us together don't exactly make the stealthiest team."
"Then you two and I will go," Ryū said, "The rest stay here and only come if we contact you over phone. We'll stop Lena from killing herself and hopefully save Jace in the process."
"I'm coming, too," Hunter said.
Ryū groaned.
"Fine, whatever, but no one else," he said and he hurried out, with Dai, Kai, and Hunter following him.

Aria and Luke, in their newly gotten winter garb, just watched them go, then looked at each other.