XV. Until Tomorrow

The warriors formed ice weapons and held them at the ready. Some had swords, one had a naginata, and another had a ball and chain.
The three young Gifted and their elder chaperone stood together in anticipation of an attack.
"You don't have to serve the Bàs Fuar," Aria said, "Work with us and we can take them down."
"No one takes down the Bàs Fuar," one of the warriors said, "It'd be pointless."
"Not if we all work together!" Aria countered.
One warrior then charged at them, swords in hand.
Bushida pushed her back with a blast of air, knocking her into the wall.
Kai then stepped forward and threw fireballs.
Several warriors moved to dodge, charging at them.
The one with the ball and chain spun the ball around rapidly, before bringing it down. Kai jumped back just as it struck the floor where he stood, leaving a sizable dent.

Luke then threw two large boulders. One hit the warrior with the ball and chain, knocking them back, while the other was dodged and crashed into the wall at the end of the hall.
"We mustn't keep this up, we need to leave," Bushida advised, "There's other former officers here in Nagahama we can recruit."
"Fine," Aria agreed as she waved an arm, a thin line of water gliding toward their assailants, "What about them?"
"They'd come after us, no doubt," Kai said, dodging an ice kunai and throwing another fireball.
Bushida looked upward for a moment.
"Luke," he said, "Take out the ceiling when I say."
Luke nodded.
Bushida then took a long, deep breath. He then thrusted his arms forward yet again, releasing a continuous blast of air towards the warriors. They struggled holding themselves in place.

"Now!"
Luke then raised three stone pillars up from the floor to the ceiling, and pushed them forward. The tops of the pillars had penetrated the ceiling, and when they moved, caused long gaps in the ceiling that it made it unstable enough to eventually collapse.
As it started to fall, the four hurried out through the lobby, and back into the street, leaving the warriors trapped behind the rubble, furniture, and supplies that was upstairs.

As the four hurried down the street, Hunter was coming towards them.
"What-" he started as he was dragged along by Kai.
As they turned a corner down another street, Nylas Leroy watched them go from his upstairs office, glaring.

❄️

Ryū stood in front of the five in their hotel room, pinching his nose.
"Thanks to this, they'll be looking for you all now," he said.
"We know! But if we find the other former members of the police force, we can stand up to them. Then, maybe the Gifted citizens here would stand with us!" Aria explained.
"I'd have to find and speak with them. I've gone under the Bàs Fuar's radar before, I can do so again," Bushida said.
Ryū sighed, "Fine, but until you get back, you four are staying here."
"What?"
"Come on."
"Why?"
"The Bàs Fuar will be actively hunting for you," Ryū said, "What's worse; they know what you look like. None of you experienced something like this before, so I will only entrust Bushida-sama to leave to find his former comrades. The rest of you. Stay. Here."
The four teenagers pouted on the beds as Bushida stood up.
"I shall return," he said.
"Best of luck to you," Ryū said.
"Thank you. You're very intelligent for your age, Ryū-san," Bushida smiled.
Ryū forced a smile as Bushida left, closing the door.

"So what do we do?" Kai asked, "Just sit here?"
"We have to," Ryū said, "Take this opportunity to get some rest. I will alert you if the Bàs Fuar finds us."
Ryū then left the room, leaving the four teenagers behind.

"So... someone mind telling me what the hell happened in that police station?" Hunter asked.
Aria sighed, "It's a long story."
"I should call Raina," Kai said, "Let her know what's happening."
Aria and Luke nodded, both standing up and guiding Hunter out of the room and into their other room.
Kai pulled out his phone and tapped Raina's contact, holding the phone to his ear.

"Kai! Oh my god, I was waiting forever," came a distressed greeting.
"Hey," Kai said, "You with Mom?"
"Yeah, she thinks you guys are still on the island," Raina replied, "What's happening? Did you guys find Jace?"
Kai took a deep breath.
"Raina, a lot happened today."

❄️

Enzo Leroy sat in his lounge, sipping on a glass of wine by his fireplace. He was checking his technologically-modified cellular phone, looking at the surveillance they have set up around Nagahama.

Suddenly, the door opened, and Millicent entered, holding a tablet.
"Master," she said, bowing her head.
"I believe I told you I was retiring for the evening, Millicent," he said.
"I know, but Nylas had a report for us that was... most disturbing," she said.
Enzo turned his head slightly.
"Eiji Bushida and a small group of teenagers attacked the station just an hour ago," she said, "They did considerable damage to the building before making their escape."
Enzo placed his wine on the end table next to his arm chair, a white tiger animal skin draped over the back.

He then stood up.
"Bushida... growing bold? The man's a shell of his former self," he said, "Who were his assistants?"
"Outsiders," Millicent said, "A water Gifted girl with heterochromia, a stone Gifted boy, and a fire Gifted boy."
Enzo looked thoughtfully downward for a moment.
"Our tech team is currently trying to identify them," Millicent continued.
"Good," Enzo said, "Any visuals from the crime scene?"
Millicent turned her tablet around to show him the screen.
"This was captured on the camera outside the station," she said.
A clip of four individuals entering the building played on the screen.
Enzo stepped forward for a closer look, and paused the video at a certain part. He then zoomed in on Kai.

"How interesting..." he chuckled.