Chapter 3: The Double Power Strike

"Boyfriend!?" Mao Mao's voice squeaked, "Nononono! NO!!!" Mao Mao frantically gestured between him and the badger on the couch, "There's nothing going on here!"

"Oh really?" Tanya a camera and a photo out of who knows where and showed the photo to the sheriff, "This says otherwise~" the photo was of Mao Mao, curled up on top of Badgerclops, head on the badger's chest, and Badgerclops's arms wrapped around him almost protectively.

"You guys were so cute!" Adorabat squealed as Mao Mao's face blushed a deep scarlet.

"Adorabat, why aren't you in school!?" The sheriff tried his best to get attention off of his and Badgerclops's nap.

"School's over! Tanya came and picked me up!" Adorabat pointed at the photo, "Do want that, or can I have it?" Mao Mao snatched the photo away from Tanya and stuffed it into his belt.

"No one can have it, okay!?" Badgerclops couldn't help but snicker at how cute Mao Mao was when he was flustered.

"Awwww~" Tanya put her hands on her hips, "Is someone upset his special cuddle time with his boyfriend got interupted?"

"It's not like that!" Mao Mao growled, looking completely ferrel, "That meant nothing!" The cat's hand flew wildly between himself and Badgerclops, "There's nothing between us!" Since Mao Mao's back was to the badger, he didn't see the crestfallen look on Badgerclops's face.

"Nothing at all?" The badger asked, his voice tinged with hurt. Mao Mao turned to the badger, realizing his choice of words may not have been the best. Tanya and Adorabat let their gazed shift between the two, mouths in tight lines of awkwardness.

"Um...well-uh..." The monster alarm blared before Mao Mao could speak actual words.

"Mind if I tag along on this one?" Tanya asked, edging to the door.

"Sure. Come on Adorabat." Mao Mao went to open the door.

"Actually, I think I'm gonna ride with Tanya in her arotruck." Adorabat stayed in Tanya's shoulder as Tanya walked outside to her truck, "See you guys there!"

"But-"

"Bye!" Tanya called out and slammed the gas petal in her arotruck, rocketing towards the Valley.

"Well, let's go." Badgerclops said blandly as he stalked over to the arocycle, Mao Mao following behind, making sure there was distance between him and the badger.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Neither spoke for the entire ride. It was just an unnerving silence. When they landed, Tanya and Adorabat were already their fighting a giant, four legged, red scaled reptilian creature. Tanya was using her leaves to make clones to help fight, and Adorabat was using some of the moves Mao Mao had taught her along with a few she'd come up with herself.

"What's the plan?" Badgerclops's tone was cold.

"How about the Double Power Strike?" Mao Mao tried to ignore Badgerclops's tone. The Double Power Strike was one of the combat moves Badgerclops and Mao Mao had come up with together.

"Sounds good." Badgerclops replied curtly, going to get into place. Mao Mao ran to where he needed to be, and yelled for Tanya and Adorabat to get out if the way.

"Now!" Mao Mao called to his Badgerclops when their female friends were out of the way and the monster turned it's attention to the male duo.

"DOUBLE POWER STRIKE!!!" They yelled in union. Badgerclops fired a shot from his canon at Mao Mao, who unsheathed his sword and positioned it like he was about to strike a baseball. The blade of Mao Mao's sword, Geraldine, uncased itself in golden light and grew ten times in size. By the time the shot from Badgerclops's canon reached Mao Mao, the cat swung his sword like a bat, hitting the shot. The light energy from Geraldine charged up the shot, making it spark golden energy as it flew threw the air and hit the monster in the face.