Chapter 6: The Party

"Oh come on, Mittens!" Tanya called through the bathroom door, "It can't be that bad!" The King had sent them all special outfits for the party and the sheriff's department and Tanya had forced Mao Mao to try his on in the bathroom before they got to see it.

"I'm not coming out, and I'm not going to the party." Mao Mao had been refusing to come out for ten minutes. Everyone else had already started to get ready. Adorabat was wearing a yellow flower dress with a matching yellow sunhat and a lemon yellow ribbon waistband. Badgerclops wore a navy blue suit jacket with thin, white, horizontal stripes, and a matching navy blue bowtie. Tanya had on her usual lime green cape with a strapless shamrock dress and a lime green skirt.

"Please, Mao Mao." Adorabat begged, "It doesn't matter what you wear, you'll always look like a legendary hero!" Badgerclops stifled a laugh, knowing the sheriff couldn't resist the blue bat's persuasiveness. A minute after Adorabat spoke, the bathroom door knob began to twist, and suddenly, there was the sheriff. He stood in the doorway, eyes casted on the ground in embarrassment as the others stared in awe at his apparel.

Mao Mao wore a red suit, with a black undershirt, and red tie. The fabric had a sleekness that went with Mao Mao's stature and fur perfectly, and on the right breast pocket was a little emerald dragon pin. When Mao Mao moved, the fabric gave a little shine, making each of his movements look like a ripple of light. Badgerclops couldn't help but notice the thin dragon pin gleamed like Mao Mao's eyes did when he'd just won a battle.

"Uhhhh...." Badgerclops couldn't speak. Mao Mao looked breathtakingly handsome. He couldn't put it into words. The cat's eyes turned thier gaze to him, only stealing away more if the badger's breath.

"So, what do guys think?" Mao Mao asked uncomfortably. He never like to wear anything other than his regular hero clothes. Apparently Badgerclops wasn't the only one affected by the sheriff's striking appearance, he was just most affected.

"Well..." Tanya started, loosing her words before she could think them.

"You look..." Mao Mao started fidgeting uncomfortably when Adorabat lost her words. It took a lot to make Adorabat speechless, and the cat didn't think it was a good thing.

"Maybe I should change ba-" Mao Mao got cut off by Badgerclops's voice.

"You look amazing. Absolutely perfect." Mao Mao felt himself blush, he seemed to be doing that around Badgerclops a lot these days.

"Uh...thanks." The cat as smiling like a total dork, somehow touched by the compliment.

"Well...um..." Badgerclops and Mao Mao stared at each other for awhile more, completely oblivious to the looks that Adorabat and Tanya were giving them.

"Guys, we gotta go!" Adorabat whined, trying to hurry them out of the door before they were permanently stuck there.

"R-right!" Mao Mao stuttered, getting everyone moving again. Before Mao Mao could get completely out the door to the arocycle, Tanya stopped him with a hand on his shoulder.

"So?" Tanya cooed with a giant smile.

"What?" Mao Mao asked, oblivious to what she was getting at.

"Did you see how Badgerclops was looking at you?" Tanya clasped her hands together excitedly.

"What about how he was looking at me?" Poor Mao Mao, completely oblivious to what had Tanya bouncing on her toes.

"Oh my gosh, Mittens he likes you!" Tanya was disappointed Mao Mao only stared at her.

"Of course he like me we're friends." Tanya gave an annoyed sigh at Mao Mao's obliviousness.

"Mittens, he LIKES likes you! Loves you! Has a crush on you! Do you understand!?" Tanya's smile only widened as Mao Mao's face went from his usual neutral hero look, and slowly morphed into a wide eyed expression of utter disbelief and shock.