Chapter 10: On The Borderline (The Songfic Chapter)

"This better be good."

"Mao Mao? It's your sister, Minori."

"Oh! S-sorry I-"

"The others and I were talking talking to Mom and Dad and we decided something."

"Uh huh..."

"We want you back home."

"But I don't-"

"We miss you little brother. We're so sorry for how we treated you and we want to make it up to you."

"Why can't-"

"We're all gonna be so happy to see you! We'll catch up and go on adventures together!"

"I shouldn't have to-"

"We can't wait for you to be here with us! The family will finally be complete again!"

"Okay..."

"We really miss you, Mao Mao."

"I understand..."

"When do think you can come home?"

"I'll be there as soon as I can..."

"You don't sound very excited, Mao Mao..."

"Of course I'm excited! I'm thrilled!"

"Great! I love you, Mao Mao!"

"I...love you too..."

"I can't believe you're finally coming home!"

"Yeah..."

"I bet we'll all have so much fun together!"

"Okay..."

"Well, I gotta go, bye!"

"Bye..."

Mao Mao thought of his conversation with his sister over and over as he sat in his bunk, an open suitcase on the ground with a some of his belongings strewn around it.

I'm standing on the borderline~
What should I should I bring or leave behind~
From who I was~
For who I'm gonna be~

Honestly, there was a big part of Mao Mao that wanted to procrastinate and take forever packing so he could stay longer, but he had to go. He already said he was coming anyway. Either way he would be there anyway.

I still haven't packed my bags~
It's time to go~
And I could not care less~
So now, I'll miss the train~
I'll walk it's still progress made~
I just won't arrive quite as fast~

Mao Mao started thinking about before he left home as he sat on his bed. He remembered how his father and sisters ghosted him his whole life, but they wanted to make up for that, right? Still, a part of the sheriff yearned to stay, but why? His family wanted him home, he should go, right?

I'm thinking way back~
To where I'm from~
To the things I had~
I feel I've forgotten something~
I'm sure that it's probably nothing~
But that's based more on fear then in fact~

Mao Mao curled into a ball, head in-between his knees. He loved Adorabat, Tanya and Badgerclops with all his heart, but he loved his family to, no matter how they treated him. Why did he have to choose, especially right after getting something he never even knew he wanted.