Chapter 19: Wedding Day Part 2

Badgerclops felt his heart stop as he saw Mao Mao walk down the isle, holding a bouquet in one hand and his father's arm in the other. The way Mao Mao's wedding cape flourished with his movements was enough to make even the king stare in awe as the cat made his way to the badger. When the sheriff made it up to the podium where his deputy and husband-to-be stood, Shin smiled at the two and steered his chair to go sit with his wife and daughters.

"Dear citizens," Snugglemane started the ceremony after goggling at Mao Mao for a moment longer, "We are gathered here today to celebrate the union between two members of our beloved sheriff's department." The king turned to Badgerclops and Mao Mao, "Now for you're vows."

Badgerclops cleared his throat nervously as the vows he'd written and memorized stood out in his mind, "Mao Mao, you are the most loyal, stubborn, headstrong, and bravest cat I've ever met! Even when you're at your worse, you're always ready to put down your life to protect your family, friends, and everyone in this town. I wouldn't want to be married to anyone else, and I hope you know that no matter how many times we fight, or get angry with each other, I'll always love you." There were sniffles and awes going through the crowd, and Mao Mao was blushing like a tomato.

"Badgerclops, I'm not good with staying emotional stuff," that got a small bit of laughter out of the badger and the crowd, "but my actions speak louder than my words, and with each and every day that we're married, I will do my best to show you how much I love you through my actions. Every time we fight a monster, save a citizen, or even just watch a movie together, every single one of those actions will be filled with all of the love that I have for you." That made a few tears be shed.

"Do you, Badgerclops, take this cat to have and to hold, through sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" King Snugglemane had a servant wipe a year out of his eye as he said that.

"I do." Badgerclops smiled lovingly at his lover. Snugglemane turned to the sheriff with a smile.

"And do you, Mao Mao, take this badger to have and to hold, through sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" Mao Mao smiled back at Badgerclops.

"I do." Mao Mao looked close to tears. King Snugglemane turned back to his subjects and gestured to them.

"If anyone should object to this marriage, speak now or forever hd your piece." Both Mao Mao and Badgerclops were happy to see now one objected.

"You may kiss!" King Snugglemane did a dramatic how to the newlyweds. The sheriff waisted no time and jumped into Badgerclops's arms, looping his little arms around his husband and as they kissed. A giant cheer arose through the Sweatypies as everyone stood up and began clapping. Mao Mao, while Badgerclops still held him, turned and threw the bouquet. Many rushed at it, but alas, it landed in the arms of his oldest sister, Mina, right where he'd been aiming.

Mina stared at the bouquet in surprise for a minute before glancing quickly at Tanya, who'd been right next to her and had met her eyes. Both blushed and quickly looked away. Mina glared at Mao Mao, but he only smirked in that way younger siblings do when they anger their older sibling. He then turned back to the badger who held him and kissed him again.

A growl emanated from the town, everyone turned to see a giant, indigo, furry dog monster stomping the town beneath it's giant paws. In a single second, Adorabat, Tanya, and the entire Mao clan had their weapons out, Shin was in his armor, Mao Mao had Geraldine unsheathed, Badgerclops had his arm canon ready, and had put Mao Mao down, and had his other arm wrapped around his cat husband protectively.

"We can take it down for you guys if you want." Brunhilde suggested, not wanting her brother to fight on his wedding day if he didn't want to.

"Nah." Badgerclops said with a smirk as he and Mao Mao looked at each other.

"After all," Mao Mao turned to his family with a slightly malicious smile, "it wouldn't be a proper Mao wedding without at least one monster fight."