Chapter 13: Your Blessing

"Alright, Badgerclops," Jade spoke with a suspicious tone as she, her sister's, and parents stood with Badgerclops outside. After much convincing to get Adorabat, Tanya, and Mao Mao to go patrol the village, Badgerclops had gotten surrounded by the rest of the Mao family to see what they had been called here for. Of course, Mao Mao didn't know Badgerclops had called his family, he thought they were there for a random visit.

"Well," A tiny compartment opened in the badger's robotic arm, which he promptly reached into and grabbed something that he hid in his fist as he pulled his hand out, "It's because of this." Badgerclops's opened his fist, revealing a black ring with green engravings. The engravings were a pair of crossed swords (katanas) on top of a shield, with words underneath that ran along the bottom of the ring, and looped around the swords and shield in a heart.

"Our love is stronger than the mightiest sword, and with it I'll protect you better than the best shield." Misha read off of the ring, holding her hat so it didn't slouch over her eyes.

"That's...a really good ring." Mina's voice sounded on the verge of breaking, thinking about what her little brother reaction would be to it.

"Yes it is." Carta stepped forward and wrapped Badgerclops in a hug, "He'll love it. You have my blessing." When Carra took a step back, each member of the Mao family came forward and gave their blessing, when Shin Mao came up last, he put a hand on the badger's shoulder and smiled.

"You have my blessing. I look forward to having you as my son-in-law." Shin Mao took his place at his wife's side.

"Thank you." Badgerclops muttered. He felt like he could just burst into tears from how happy he was. Now all that was left was to pop the question to Mao Mao, and Badgerclops had the perfect idea how.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"We're back!" Adorabat called out when the arocycle was parked in the garage, she flew into the living room and into the dojo, Tanya rushing behind her. Both of them needed to get into their places before Mao Mao made it up there.

"Where are you guys going so quickly?" Mao Mao called up with a chuckle. He went up at a slower pace, as he entered the living room, he heard lots of giggles coming from the dojo, only to find everyone except Badgerclops lined up at the opposite end from where the sheriff was.

"What's all this?" Mao Mao asked as he entered.

"Mao Mao, my first and only love." Mina said, looking as if she was holding back a thousand laughs.

"Ever since we met I found that I could never leave your side." This time it was Shin Mao who spoke, confusing Mao Mao as the speakers kept on. It was Tanya who spoke next.

"You have shown me what being a hero means, and how great it feels to be one." Mao Mao slowly started putting together that Badgerclops was behind this, yet he did not see his Clops anywhere.

"Some things you have taught me are, bravery, loyalty, and how important second chances are." It had been Jade who spoke. Mao Mao was a little surprised his sister said the sentence without teasing him.

"This is why I have decided to strengthen our relationship even more." Carra had spoken next, smirking at her son.

"No matter what your answer is, I will love you no less." Brunhilde had spoken, looking exactly like Mina had.

"I already asked for your family's blessing, so don't worry." As Adorabat's words left her mouth, Mao Mao got a feeling he knew what was happening.

"Also, I hope you say yes, otherwise trying to get these guys to remember their lines was a waist of time." Minori spoke with a grin as a quick laughter went through everyone even Mao Mao. Misha spoke last.

"So anyway, the question I wanted to ask was,"

"Will go marry me?" This voice was familiar and came from behind Mao Mao, who turned around slowly to see his deputy on one knee, holding a black right with green engravings.

"What?" Mao Mao thought he was dreaming, so he pinched himself, which made Badgerclops smirk.

"I said," Badgerclops repeated, "will you marry me?"