Chapter 18: Wedding Day Part: 1

"I'm gonna pass out." Mao Mao stated as he turned away from the bathroom mirror. Tanya, Mina, Adorabat, and Misha had been helping him get dressed in a white suit with a black tie , black trim, and a white cape with a black floral pattern that somehow went with Mao Mao's agile movements and lean stature.

"Mao Mao?" Mina came forward, ready to catch her brother if he fell. Mao Mao had looked so excited and happy when he saw himself in the mirror, wearing the amazing wedding suit that his mother had made for him. Mina had smiled at the adorable look her brother had worn, but then his face fell as he looked at himself and turned to the three behind him.

"What if...what if he changed his mind?" The sheriff's legs were shaking now, his arms slowly wrapping around himself in a terrified hug.

"Oh no..." Adorabat muttered, recognizing that Mao Mao was on the brink of freaking out.

"Adorabat," Tanya whispered, "Get Badgerclops and tell him to stand outside the door." The blue bat nodded briefly and flew out the door.

"Mao Mao," Misha came over and rubbed her brother's shoulders as Mina supported him so he didn't fall over, "it's okay. Badgerclops still wants to marry you. Just breath."

"It's just..." Mao Mao stopped to take a few shaky breaths, "Everytime I let someone get to close, they abandon me. I don't want to go through that again. I don't want to loose him." The other three in the rooms all lowered their heads, knowing they had all contributed to Mao Mao's issues.

"Mao Mao," Adorabat said as she re-entered the bedroom, holding the door so that it was only wide enough for her to enter, "can you please come sit by the door." Not having much will to ask why, the sheriff sat by the door, wondering why the blue child had wanted him here.

"Hey, Kitten." A brown arm came through the crack in the door and grabbed the cat's paw, "I'm not allowed to see you until the wedding starts, so I thought this would be good enough." Mao Mao held onto the paw and let out a tearful cry.

"Hey don't cry. I'm here, I'll always be here." There was a little hitch in Badgerclops's voice as he spoke. Their paws tightened in each other's grasp.

"I love you so much." Mao Mao muttered through tears ad Badgerclops put his paw on the cat's cheek. They stayed like that for awhile, Badgerclops comforting Mao Mao by a simple touch on his cheek.

"I love you too Kitten, and I always will." Badgerclops sounded close to tears as he wiped his lover's tears away. Mao Mao planted a kiss on the the badger's palm before the arm disappeared through the crack in the door.

"I'll see you in a bit, 'Clops." The cat whispered.

"See you soon, Kitten." And with that, Badgerclops's footfalls echoed down the hall as the badger went to the front door.

"Oh my gosh..." Misha muttered. All four females looked as if they were about to start crying at any moment, but it seemed like happy crying. The sheriff remembered they were here and seemed startled at his sister's sudden words.

"Uhhh..." Mao Mao stood up and brushed off his knees, looking at the others with concern.

"That was beautiful." Mina cried as she failed to fight off the tears welling in her eyes. She was never one to let others see her cry.

"Can we finish getting dressed?" Mao Mao pleaded, not liking all the crying faces before him. It honestly made him pretty uncomfortable.

"Okay!" Tanya wailed, she and Adorabat were hugging as they they both cried in each other's arms.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Adorabat waddled down the isle in a cobalt blue dress with deep sky blue hearts in the skirt and a little brest pocket on the right, sprinkling red and white flower petals in her path. Everyone from the Mao clan except, Shin sat on the left side of the front lawn, along with some Sweatypies. The rest of the Sweatypies sat on the right side. Badgerclops stood in front of it all to the right of a wooden podium with King Snugglrman behind it. Tanya stood to the left of the podium in a strapless lime green dress, there was room for someone to stand in between the tanuki and the podium. The king's personal butler sat on a piano, ready to play at any moment.

When Adorabat made it up to where Badgerclops, who was wearing a black suit jacket, a white undershirt, and a black bowtie, she went and stood behind Badgerclops, patting her breast pocket with a smile. She set her basket right next to her. The badger gave Adorabat a wink, which the little bat returned with a smile.

From inside the sheriff's department, Mao Mao stood by the front door, holding a small bouquet of red roses and white lilies. Shin Mao stood next to him, but not in his armor. Since Shin's body had grown weaker with old age, whenever he was out if his special suit that let him walk, Shin got around by using a special electrical wheel chair. Shin Mao wore a yellow dress suit with a a matching tie.

"Are you alright, son?" Shin had noticed that his son's breathing sounded a little shallow.

"I'm fine, Papa. Just a little nervous." Mao Mao took a few deep breaths as Shin Mao fished something out of his pocket.

"I have something for you, Mao Mao. It's a family heirloom. I wore it at my wedding and thought maybe you'd like to wear them too." Shin Mao opened his palm and revealed a pair of golden cuff links with emerald buttons on the ends. Mao Mao gazed at the beautiful cuff links in fascination.

"I'd be honored to wear them, Father."  Shin smiled at his son's response and gestured for Mao Mao to give him his hands. After putting the bouquet in his lap, Shin Mao put the cuff links onto the cuffs of the sheriff's suit. As Mao Mao picked up his bouquet, Shin admired how the cufflinks looked on his son and smiled.

"They look good on you." Shin said, giving his son a proud smile, which the sheriff returned gladly. Suddenly, a piano started playing a soft wedding tune, signaling that it was time for Mao Mao to walk down the isle.

"Time to go! Don't want to late for your own wedding." Shin Mao's smile turned into a grin as he pressed a button on his wheelchair so it hovered an inch above the floor, allowing him safe passage down the stairs. Side by side, father and son stepped out to the wedding outside.