21

"Camila, are you sure?" Shawn asked for the 10th time. His parents were in town and wanted to meet him for dinner. He had wanted to introduce her to his parents, but he didn't want Camila to be exposed to the cameras.

"I'm sure," Camila said. Last night she'd come to the conclusion that Shawn needed someone by his side and as much as she didn't want her life to change, it already had whether she wanted to admit it or not.

They went to go eat breakfast at one of Camila's favorite spots and for the first time in awhile, Shawn forgot about the cameras and just enjoyed himself. He knew the photos would be up later and April would throw a fit, but he didn't care.

He was excited to have Camila meet his parents. They'd discussed that they had met through a mutual friend, something April wouldn't contest with his parents. He knew that the story of how they actually met was crazy and his parents worried about him. They worried people would use him for his fame. Camila wasn't like that and he wanted to be sure they didn't think that about her.

When she met them, they were so kind. Shawn looked like both his mother and father and she loved the way her hand effortlessly was in his as they sat and talked. His parents weren't expecting her to be there, but they knew of a mystery girl. Karen was the most skeptical but the moment she saw his face light up, something was different. Shawn had been different since he'd started this journey and she worried about him all the time. Her sister was taking good care of him though and Shawn assured her that he was okay.

Camila couldn't help but think of the note he'd written to his parents, the suicide note.

Dinner was amazing and when they parted ways they hugged her. Karen held on to her for a little longer and whispered a thank you. Camila didn't know what it was for but she nodded and they walked hand in hand, his bodyguard following closely behind.

Sure enough twitter exploded later with images of him and mystery girl.

People of course tried to scour the internet and figure out who she was, but to no avail

People of course tried to scour the internet and figure out who she was, but to no avail. Camila was a nobody.. at least she was.

Some people on the internet commented how she looked "frumpy" or how she wasn't pretty enough for Shawn while others noted how Shawn looked happy and if Shawn was happy, his fans were happy. Shawn ignored April's calls but texted her back.