Epilogue

A year to the day they met, they were married in a small ceremony in front of Niagara Falls.

Their parents tried to caution them, tried to talk them into waiting, but it was useless and unnecessary. It was clear they loved each other and even though they were young, only 22, and the whole world would think they were crazy, they didn't care. 

Shawn couldn't imagine his life with anyone else and Camila couldn't imagine not being married to him.

As expected the press speculated, but they were too busy enjoying their honeymoon in  a tropical location far away from the opinions of others.

"You ever think you'd be here a year later, on a beach with your wife?" God, Camila loved saying the word wife but not as much as the word husband.

"A year ago, I was certain my life was ending in November.... so no, I never imagined the stowaway on my tour bus, who wasn't a fan, would be my wife a year later," Shawn laughed. He loved to joke about how they met and while the public didn't have many details on how they. met, he knew he wanted to tell the story someday.

He was just finishing up his album and Camila had a year left at NYU. He was planning on releasing his album and his lead single "In My Blood" and after enjoying a beautiful honeymoon with his wife, he came to the conclusion that the best time to release it would be a year to the day he almost died.

When he thought about it, it wasn't morbid, in fact, he thought about it as the beginning of a journey. The beginning of  a new chapter in his life. 

They lived in their apartment in New York and since Shawn had been out of the public eye and not performing, they didn't get bothered too much, but the press loved to capture them doing everyday things, like taking walks, or eating dinner.

They both decided they didn't care. They were in love and didn't care if the world saw. Not even when images like this were leaked on the internet and Andrew joked with Shawn that he and Camila needed to get a room and stop making out on street corners.

They were pictured together, happy and in love and although they never publicly confirmed they'd gotten married, the internet detectives of twitter could see Camila's ring