Chapter 8

" Oh really? Pray tell what the girl's gotta do? " Dorian drawled.

" Test your skills to help you find yourself. " I shot him an innocent smile.

" Alright. Which skill of mine is going to be tested today? " Straightening, he rubbed his hands with excitement.

Throwing open the door, I smirked at him, " Your cutlery skills good sir. "

The dumbfounded expression on his face when his wide eyes took in the bustling cooks and maids operating around the shelves and large pots was priceless enough to send me into another fits of laughter. Setting his mouth into a thin line, he took an unsure step forward and turned to me warily.

" You are joking, right? "

" Not at all, I am quite serious in proving my kindness to you, dear Dorian. " I managed to supress my remaining laughter and looked at him seriously, only to cackle up once more.

" Kind y' say? " Dorian narrowed his eyes.

" Yes, I mean who knows, you might be a chef! "

" Is that what you suspect I might have been? Or is that what you desire me to be? " He raised his brows at me.

" Ah old innocent little me desiring you to be a chef so that I could live my love for exotic delicacies made by you? Now, now, why would I have any motive to do that. " I gave him my most elegant expression followed by fluttering my lashes at him but the twitching of my treacherous lips ratted me out.

" Hmmm, I don't know, maybe so that you could live your love for exotic delicacies made by me? " His retort was dripping with sarcasm.

" Touché "

" What I don't understand is that " He leaned close to me so that he was directly behind me, his breath falling on my ear making a small shiver run down my back, " where is your kindness in all this? "

Swallowing gently, I stepped forward and without turning to face him, replied, " My kindness lies with the fact that I will cook with you. "

I could feel his glare on me as I contently strutted inside, greeting the kitchen crew, humming a tune on the way. They were all humans except for the pantry master who took care of the blood supply.

" We don't have all day Dorian! We have a lot to test. Main course, desserts, appetizers and drinks! You can be a bartender for all we know! " I called.

" A dashing one at that. " Cara, one of the chefs, added eyeing him with a grin.

" Hello Cara! Glad to have you back. " She had been on leave to go and look after her daughter who had recently giving birth to an adorable little baby boy.

" Glad to be back my dear. " She gave me a motherly smile and then looked at Dorian, motioning him to come closer.

Once he had joined us, she addressed me, " Your Highness, it doesn't look like your usual tour to the kitchen to steal food before meals. " She teased me, making Dorian throw an amused glance at my flushed cheeks.

" Yes Cara. We have a purpose, we want to help you cook the supper. "

" Supper? But my dear, right now we are working on lunch. " She smiled.

" Then give us instructions, we can start working on supper. Lord knows we don't know anything about cooking, " Sneaking a glance towards the brooding tower next to me, " not that we know of anyway. So we will be slow in our work. "

" Okay.... If you insist. " She was unsure but complied nonetheless.

" How about the you take the dessert? It's not really difficult and takes some time to be prepared. "