33

Y/N POV

I looked at my girlfriend with pleading eyes, but I knew she wouldn't budge. I sighed in defeat and got up, walking silently out of the room to grab my wallet and keys. 

I drove around the dark streets of LA. It was about 9 pm on a Saturday, so the bars and clubs were packed. I found myself walking into the Varnish, a popular bar in downtown. The sky was growing dark due to both the set sun and the grey clouds forming. It would probably rain tonight. Great. I didn't even bring a jacket.

I don't usually drink, save for the occasional beer or a glass of wine, but tonight I was on a role. I don't know how long I was there, ordering drink after drink. 

"Rough night?" The bartender asked, cleaning the counter with her rag. I looked up miserably from my jack and coke. No matter how much I drank, I couldn't seem to get Angelina's disappointed, betrayed eyes out of my head. 

"Yeah." I grumbled, roughly rubbing my eyes. The woman leaned onto the counter, decreasing the space between us. My senses were crowded with her strong perfume.

I threw back the rest of my drink and set the glass down. "Can I get another one?" I asked her. She chuckled. "Sure sweetheart." I nodded, too dejected to even realize how flirty she was being. 

A minute later I had another drink in front of me. I hadn't even realized how late it was, and as I looked around, I noticed the bar only had a few other people in it. I sighed, sipping my drink. I wasn't really sure what my plan was, and I doubt any Hotel would be pleased to have a very intoxicated, emotional person stumble into their lobby at 12 am asking for a room. 

The only other option was to go back home, but Angelina would be less than happy to see my face right now. I guess I could just sleep in my car or something. 

I finished my drinking, feeling that I probably had enough. I pulled out a hundred and set it down on the bar. "Keep the change." I slurred, uneasily climbing off my stool.

The world seemed to tilt, and I felt like I was going to collapse. A pair of strong arms wrapped around me, keeping me up, and I was enveloped in the same perfume from before. "Easy there tiger, I'll take you to our back room. You can sleep off your drinks there."

WARNING: THIS NEXT PART HAS MENTIONS OF SEXUAL ASSAULT AND COULD BE TRIGGERING. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. WILL TRY TO KEEP IT BRIEF. 

I was too out of it to fight or object, so I let the woman practically carry me to a room behind the bar. There was a bed back there, and what looked to be some sort of little apartment thing. She sat me down on the bed and began to pull off my shirt. 

"Wha..what ar-are you dooooooing..?" I asked her, barely able to speak from all the alcohol in my system.

"Shhh, just relax babe. I'm going to make you feel better." I could feel myself trying to comprehend what that meant, but I got my answer when she suddenly crashed her lips onto mine. 

I immediately went into fight or flight mode, but my reaction was super delayed because of how drunk I was. I tried to push her off, but I couldn't seem to do it. 

"Mmm you put up a good fight." She whispered in my ear, making me want to throw up. My heart was beating a mile a minute, and if I didn't get out of here, something very bad could happen. She continued to assault my neck with her lips, and the only thing I felt was fear and disgust. 

"Sto-stop!" I choked out, feeling my body shake and tense up. Then suddenly, her hand was down my pants, grabbing my dick. 

"You're so big." I whimpered like a helpless child and cried out desperately for my girlfriend. "Angie! H-help!" I needed her. I needed someone. Anyone. 

"Shut up! We don't want anyone to hear us, now do we?" I sobbed, feeling her hands pin my wrists to the bed. The lady climbed on top of me and began to unbutton my pants. My body thrashed around as I tried to wiggle out of her grasp. 

Through my tears, I could see the door about 10 feet away from us. If I could just make it there, I can escape and run to my car. Adrenaline shot through my veins, giving me a boost of strength. I was able to free one of my hands, and I swung blindly at her face, my elbow catching her nose. 

She let out a shrill scream of pain and fell back, giving me enough time to leap from the bed and run to the door. Just before I could turn the doorknob, I felt her grab the back of my shirt and yank me back, knocking the wind out of me. 

"Help!" I cried out, my voice strangled. "You're not getting away that easily!" The lady said, her nose streaming blood. I stumbled backward into a wall sandwiching the bartender between me and it. 

She had me in a head lock, trying to choke me out. My fingers pried at her arm, trying to keep it from cutting off my air. I scratched her arm as hard as I could with my nails while using my free arm to elbow her side. She let go of me and I turned and punched her across the face, wanting to make sure she wouldn't follow me if I ran to the door. 

My reflexes were still fucked from all the drinks I had, so I didn't move fast enough to avoid the fist flying towards my face, hitting my right cheek pretty hard. My eyes watered up and I kicked blindly, my foot making contact with what felt like her ribs.

I blinked away the tears and saw her crumple on the floor in pain, but I knew she wouldn't be down for long. I ran to the door and this time, I was able to pull it open. I ran through the empty bar and crashed through the front doors. I could hear her trying to catch me as I ran but I wouldn't let her. 

I hopped into my car and sped off just as she made it to the side parking lot. I was high on adrenaline, and still drunk. That combined with the pouring rain, endless tears streaming down my face, and the sobs wracking my body made it difficult to drive. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and die.

I'm not sure where I was even going, I just drove, as fast and as far away from the bar as I could. It was a torrential downpour, and I could barely see through my windshield. All I wanted was Angie. I sobbed out her name over and over, wishing she was here. She made everything better.

Her smile. Her laugh. Her hugs. But I refused to go to our house. I felt so ashamed and embarrassed for letting that woman go as far as she had. If I hadn't been so drunk, none of this would've happened. 

I shouted and angrily hit my steering wheel, crying harder. Angelina would never forgive me. She probably thinks I'm out cheating on her. I was hyperventilating from the fear and guilt. It felt like I was drowning.

Too late did I realize that I had veered into the wrong lane. The bright headlights of a truck blinded me, and the last sound I heard was the honk of a horn, then the sickening crunch of metal as the truck collided with my car. 

And then nothing.