• alucitidae •

Alucitidae: Also referred to as many-plumed moths, it is a family of moths with unusually modified wings. Both fore-and hind-wings consist of about six rigid spines, from which radiate flexible bristles creating a structure similar to a bird's feather.
🌙🌙
15

The soft and gentle hands of her mother made Nyx close her eyes out of serenity. They sat in the basement, solar lamp pointed at Nyx's face as Diane carefully brushed her long hair. It reminded Nyx of that scene in Tangled where mother Gothel brushed Rapunzel's hair. But it wasn't the same. Diane truly did love Nyx and she wasn't using her for her own gain.

The idea of telling Diane about the girl with the curly hair, brown eyes, and soft voice never even entered her mind. It was her only secret. Everything else, Diane knew of. Well, except for her wish to be let out during the day. But that was simply a wish and not something potentially harmful. Speaking to a girl from the outside was something that could blow up in Nyx's face.

"It's getting even longer." Diane laughed softly, running the brush through her thick, straight black hair. "Who knew that was possible."

Like Rapunzel, Nyx thought to herself. She was a princess locked away in her protective tower, awaiting the arrival of her Prince Charming. Maybe the new girl was just that. Biting back a laugh at her own foolishness, Nyx pushed those thoughts away and nodded to her mother. There was no Prince Charming, because she didn't need to be saved. Nyx was safe in her tower, even if she grew a little bored from time to time.

Even if she sometimes would rather be put in danger and live a short, thrilling life than a long and boring one.

•🌙•🌙•